Boston ComiCon

armpitsOFmight

Reaction score
The convention at the Westin Waterfront was pretty good: the space was double the size of the Back Bay Convention Center and it was great seeing Jim Lee, Mike Mignola, and other local talented artists. However, the queue yesterday was horrible since my friends and I had to wait in line outside for an hour and fifteen minutes and it was freezing. It's nice to see this event expanding and I hope it'll be able to match the size and attendance of Anime Boston in another few years.

I got there around 10am on Saturday and waited outside for almost an hour before being let in. But it was worth it to get my photo taken with Boba Fett and an Imperial Stormtrooper. Some of those costumes are really impressive.

I got there around 10am on Saturday and waited outside for almost an hour before being let in.

Did you see all those business men and women dressed in their fancy suits/dresses? I think they were attending a convention next door but I didn't bother to find out what it was. I thought it was funny mixing all those executive looking people with comic book fans in the front lobby.

The convention at the Westin Waterfront was pretty good: the space was double the size of the Back Bay Convention Center and it was great seeing Jim Lee, Mike Mignola, and other local talented artists.

Is this specifically for Boston artists or national ones as well?

I know a lot of national artists were at the MoCCA Festival this weekend.

Both National and local; Mike Mignola did the ever famous Hellboy series.

Hellboy-thumb.jpg

As far as local talent, I discovered two amazing artists:

664 The Neighbor of the Beast The second season is funnier than the first and many of the episodes were shot around Boston.

Tofu Squirrel Very talented woman.

I know a lot of national artists were at the MoCCA Festival this weekend.

Was that convention across the bridge at the World Trade Center? I wanted to check that out too but I was unable to because I bought this cool full-sized cardboard cutout of a Terminator T-800 and it would have sucked to carry it around. If you're wondering, I only paid $5 for it.... SCORE!!!!

Last edited:
Did you see all those business men and women dressed in their fancy suits/dresses? I think they were attending a convention next door but I didn't bother to find out what it was. I thought it was funny mixing all those executive looking people with comic book fans in the front lobby.

Yes -- according to the BCEC Web site, it was the "American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Symposium and Congress 2010." Definitely a different sort of crowd. :)

Yes -- according to the BCEC Web site, it was the "American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Symposium and Congress 2010." Definitely a different sort of crowd. :)

Yeah. Employed.

Back