Boston MBTA vanmaps

vanshnookenraggen

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the shameless self promotion but I figure a) this is as good a place as any to hawk my wares and b) who really reads the General section anyway?

I'm super pumped to finally be releasing the Boston MBTA vanmaps! Many of you know I've been selling NYC MTA maps for the last few years (and some of you own some, so thanks!) but it's been a long time coming to finally putting out new product.

The posters come in two sizes, 18"x24" for $25 and 24"x"36 for $35.

http://vanshnookenraggen.com/product-category/boston-mbta/

MBTA_Green_new-24x36.png

MBTA_Blue_new-24x36.png

MBTA_Orange_new-24X36.png

MBTA_Red_new-24x36.png

Well they are pretty for sure; I'm a little saddened that you omitted the historical blurb that you had on the NYC maps. I liked those.

Well they are pretty for sure; I'm a little saddened that you omitted the historical blurb that you had on the NYC maps. I liked those.

That was actually why I changed the design. As I scaled up I realized that not every system had the history that New York does which meant that the blurbs would be pretty bare. Also I plan on doing European and Asian cities next and my lack of any language skills would mean that historical blurbs would be only in English and not in the native tongues of each respective city. But removing the text also allowed me to add the mini map which I feel was the only thing missing from the originals. Some sort of context is needed.

Back