Boston Med

Oakley

Reaction score
Anyone watch the premier of this series? It's a cool series. Sure, it's a little fluffed up (please stop playing the corny music), but you can't expect anything less on T.V. and doesn't seem as most "reality" shows.

I love how comments on articles talking about this will rip on it for the not showing the health care problems. Can't people just enjoy a show? It's about medicine, not the system itself.

Another thing I've noticed is Partners (and the hospitals and doctors underneath them) seems to be bashed a lot, at least on the comments session on the Boston newspaper pages. Is this just a small group of people with personal problems or are they feelings echoed quite across in Boston and the state? Why does Partners, along with the associated hospitals and staff, get bashed?

I saw in ad for this while in Boston, and figured it was a local show produced by one of the local network affiliates. Much to my surprise, they're actually broadcasting across the country.

Gotta love these Boston pseudo-reality shows. Start with Boston Public, then Boston Legal, now Boston Med. What's next, Boston Cops?

There was a Boston Cops (Boston PD?) show produced by Fox 25 maybe two or three years ago. I don't think it was nationally syndicated.

Partners has a whole legion of lawsuit and grievance mongers trying to shake them down. I don't know who's behind it, but there is a coordinated campaign of astro-turf against that one specific company, which has been ongoing for at least five years.

My one gripe with Boston Med as a show is that the young female intern seems to fail to understand that no one can take a doctor seriously whom is using the word 'like' every other word. It's embarrassing a doctor in one of the top hospitals in the world can not fathom that speaking in the manner of some sterotypical airhead valley girl isn't going to inspire confidence in one's ability to coworkers.

^^That verbal crutch is far, far too commonplace.

It makes an otherwise pleasant aspect of riding the Green Line (groups of young females) almost unbearable.

There was a Boston Cops (Boston PD?) show produced by Fox 25 maybe two or three years ago. I don't think it was nationally syndicated.

Partners has a whole legion of lawsuit and grievance mongers trying to shake them down. I don't know who's behind it, but there is a coordinated campaign of astro-turf against that one specific company, which has been ongoing for at least five years.

My one gripe with Boston Med as a show is that the young female intern seems to fail to understand that no one can take a doctor seriously whom is using the word 'like' every other word. It's embarrassing a doctor in one of the top hospitals in the world can not fathom that speaking in the manner of some sterotypical airhead valley girl isn't going to inspire confidence in one's ability to coworkers.

Are the arguments against Partners right or is it just a case of that Partners is the bigger, wealthier, and prestigious company that people try to knock because of the assets they have?

Why are these Boston shows inevitably so cheesy?

I guess it doesn't matter; they advertise the city quite well...I've met people who migrated here because they show "Boston Legal" reruns in the Philippines and such.

Why are these Boston shows inevitably so cheesy?

I guess it doesn't matter; they advertise the city quite well...I've met people who migrated here because they show "Boston Legal" reruns in the Philippines and such.

What show isn't cheesy? At least it better than 98% of the crap on TV.

I guess it's the preponderance of David E. Kelly crap that bugs me. His shows are preposterously flippant. They're set in Boston, but not of Boston in any way.

I guess it's the preponderance of David E. Kelly crap that bugs me. His shows are preposterously flippant. They're set in Boston, but not of Boston in any way.

I understand. Just so you know, this is not the work of David E. Kelly. This series is a follow-up to Hopkins, which was filmed at John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

Back