Boston Nightlife

Even around me in Dot I can think of multiple places serving full menus until 11pm, and late night menus until closing (1-2am). Downtown even more so, along with Chinatown until 3-4am, etc. I would agree that SF sucks about as badly as Boston does (or worse) for night life hours.

The only places I can think of downtown serving that late:

1. South St diner (bad, unless you're drunk)
2. 4th Wall
3. Golden Gate and a few other Chinese places
4. NY Pizza (2-3am) and Boston Kitchen Pizza (midnight)
5. Maria's Taqueria (11pm to 1am depending on how busy it is it seems)
6. Halal Guys (midnight)

Mostly fast-food options. It's pathetic. Not to mention there's a lot of places that say they serve until 10-midnight but god help you if you order from them close to that time because they usually want to shut the kitchen down so you're gonna get the evil eye from the bartender/waiter.

It's also fucking mind boggling to me that at 2am in the theater district with all the bars closing there is exactly one food place open: NY Pizza.

Peach Farm, New Moon Villa, etc. Also Pastoral until 1:30 am, Bova 24/7, Moonshine 152 until 1:30am, Parish Cafe until 1am, Legal Crossing's late night menus is until 1am I think. Both Lolita Cocina and Tequila Bars have full menus until midnight, and I think the Fort Port location has a late night after that. Saus has a late night until it closes menus (2am on weekends), and of course there are things like Uni's midnight ramen. That isn't even really touching outside of Downtown/Copley/Seaport-ish.

tasty burger, bukowski's, momi nonmi, the automatic, deep ellum, dumpling cafe, lone star, peach farm, frogmore, charlie's kitchen, eastern standard, the abbey -- all serve food late and that's just off the top of my head. again: this notion that boston closes at 10pm is *very* outdated.

Most of the restaurants and bars around Faneuil Hall are open past midnight even on weekdays, though sometimes they'll close early if it's dead. I remember that from my days bartending at Anthem. They're still listed as open til 1am weeknights. Just bound between Haymarket, Congress St, the Long Wharf, and Milk Street we get:

Black Rose, Bostonia Pub, Clarke's, White Bull, Granary, and Ned's are listed as open until 2am on a Wednesday.
Anthem and State Street Provisions, until 1am.
Koy, North 26, Zuma, Sterlings, Warehouse, MIJA, Fin Point, and Central Wharf Co. until 12am.
Cheers and Hard Rock are open until 11pm.

Either they're all lying on their listings, or there's actually quite a bit of variety just within the Faneuil Hall area...

Back