Boston > NYC

Yes Philadelphia is the turn around kid! Center City is great, had a Boston vibe to it but leave there and it's just like Detroit! I lived on the Jersey Shore, Monmouth Co. for half my life. NYC is a toilet! Park Avenue a disgrace...New Yorkers suck....but there is nothing else like it and does have an energy like no other (maybe Chicago a little). Boston on the other hand is without a doubt one of the most charming places to live in this country! In the city out in the burbs it really is a treasure. People in Boston are too fast to put things down there, they look at the glass as half empty! It's a gem! Enjoy it guys! You could be trapped in Kansas City!

The thing is that Boston is way better off for measuring itself against New York, London, etc. and improving itself on that basis than patting itself on the back for not being Kansas City.

Yes Philadelphia is the turn around kid! Center City is great, had a Boston vibe to it but leave there and it's just like Detroit! I lived on the Jersey Shore, Monmouth Co. for half my life. NYC is a toilet! Park Avenue a disgrace...New Yorkers suck....but there is nothing else like it and does have an energy like no other (maybe Chicago a little). Boston on the other hand is without a doubt one of the most charming places to live in this country! In the city out in the burbs it really is a treasure. People in Boston are too fast to put things down there, they look at the glass as half empty! It's a gem! Enjoy it guys! You could be trapped in Kansas City!

Thats because Cambridge Mass has the best schools in the country possibly the world. MIT & HARVARD.......Have completely changed the landscape economically and financially for the city & state.

Boston
BU, BC, NorthEastern, Tufts, Simmons, Ect the rest of the schools deserve credit.

People forget when they talk about Economic BUBBLES.......What about this COLLEGE BUBBLE? This is what makes BOSTON so beautiful is EDUCATION. Without these schools we are DETRIOT on the Atlantic.

Thats because Cambridge Mass has the best schools in the country possibly the world. MIT & HARVARD.......Have completely changed the landscape economically and financially for the city & state.

Boston
BU, BC, NorthEastern, Tufts, Simmons, Ect the rest of the schools deserve credit.

People forget when they talk about Economic BUBBLES.......What about this COLLEGE BUBBLE? This is what makes BOSTON so beautiful is EDUCATION. Without these schools we are DETRIOT on the Atlantic.

Absent the argument on whether there even is a bubble or if it can burst, you said it yourself - we have multiple world class institutions, and even our bad colleges are pretty okay as far as colleges go.

I'd be concerned about college towns like Savannah, GA and piddly state universities like UNH in the event of a bust, but Boston's going to do just fine.

Let's be real here, MIT is never going away. The very idea is about as laughable as saying Oxford University would go away.

The thing is that Boston is way better off for measuring itself against New York, London, etc. and improving itself on that basis than patting itself on the back for not being Kansas City.
...how did you get this, from what I said? Don't be so quick to correct someone.

Absent the argument on whether there even is a bubble or if it can burst, you said it yourself - we have multiple world class institutions, and even our bad colleges are pretty okay as far as colleges go.

I'd be concerned about college towns like Savannah, GA and piddly state universities like UNH in the event of a bust, but Boston's going to do just fine.

Let's be real here, MIT is never going away. The very idea is about as laughable as saying Oxford University would go away.

I don't know about this. I think that the idea of a geographically located campus will become obsolete. This will happen sooner than later.

Once this happens boston would be in a heap of trouble. Education is the lifeblood of the area.

There are things that can be delivered in other methods but I don't know I'd go as far as obsolete? Activities around specific discplines need a physical location for cost or collaborative reasons. How do you do lab research or theater or learn to treat patients for example? That said, smart administrators are looking ahead to think about ways shrink the physical campus. Cities like Boston that rely on (that is, require in their IMP) colleges to provide/supplement government services are in trouble though (neighborhood planning, street care, arts education, health care assistance --- all these are stuff Northeastern, BU, Wentworth, Emerson, Suffolk, Berklee, Tufts, Harvard and others engage in.)

Back