Boston ranks 6th in new construction

^^^^^
I would like to know how many of these projects are actually paid in full by the private sector as to GOVT tax subsidaries?

What is striking is that, in the top ten, no other city approaches Boston's rate of growth in new construction from 2009-2011 (3.8 -5.9 billion). Only Atlanta at #10 comes close (3.8-4.9 billion). Most are treading water.

We may denigrate it, but Boston/Cambridge is exploding.

What is striking is that, in the top ten, no other city approaches Boston's rate of growth in new construction from 2009-2011 (3.8 -5.9 billion). Only Atlanta at #10 comes close (3.8-4.9 billion). Most are treading water.

We may denigrate it, but Boston/Cambridge is exploding.

Can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. The only message it is sending out to me is that other major cities have been consistently growing (especially the top 5) whereas Boston is only catching on and is still lagging behind.

Also I think a better way to gauge new construction growth on new surface area. I find it hard to believe that Miami in the past three year has been consistently below Boston, even with the bust that went on there.

Back