Bremen Street Park, East Boston

EdMc

Reaction score
Adjacent to the Blue Line Airport station, this 18-acre park surprised and impressed me with its landscaping, playground, attractiveness and upkeep.

Wikipedia - The park is owned, operated and patrolled by the Massachusetts Port Authority(MassPort).[2] It is also part of the East Boston Greenway, a linear park and shared use path.

Bremen Street is on the other side of the park with a new condominium development under construction with units starting at $499,000. Beautiful greenery and transportation (including the SL3 bus) at your doorstep.

3oEWCshh.jpg

BDI2ob1h.jpg

RPsoh30h.jpg

4pwWuQ6h.jpg

9EdLLksh.jpg

s4vmcomh.jpg

iIEteazh.jpg

QaNdlKwh.jpg

8rvErLYh.jpg

fjFFmgZh.jpg

Memorial Park is also adjacent to Airport station on the other side of the tracks (east side). Its soccer field was in use the three days I passed by and Memorial Stadium had a women’s soccer match on one of those days.

Ebi6CBzh.jpg

iSjSzBXh.jpg

Yh1qe99h.jpg

L7ol0ykh.jpg

Not pictured: the adjacent 9 lane superexpressway pumping noxious chemicals into your bloodstream 24/7.

See the park for yourself this weekend:

Not pictured: the adjacent 9 lane superexpressway pumping noxious chemicals into your bloodstream 24/7.
Hell, I remember when the Bremen Street Park site was an abandoned railroad yard for the Grand Junction RR back in the 1960s. At least now there are lots of trees and grass to suck up some of the foul air.

See the park for yourself this weekend:

Nice tie-in, love the concept of Open Streets, I would attend if I were in town.

Back