Brigham Women's new research building

Taken 4/27.... yah, I'm slacking a bit

482366187_33c21eb394_b.jpg

482366193_f1b9c17c4b_b.jpg

Man, Longwood and Fenway are getting all the goods architecture wise.

I agree. And it's woth it to note that this building is turning out exactly as the renderings showed it to. Niceeeeee

Yes, this building looks amazing.
The design was great, I mean it is just a regular box building, but it looks so good because they actually used a nice facade and put in those beautiful windows.
This needs to be done in other parts of the city, like downtown!

Amazing how much can be done by simply making a pattern with panels. If you concentrate you can see the real windows make a completely regular arrangement. Without the camouflage the building would be dull. As it is, it's interesting. Pizzazz on a budget.

What's gonna be on the ground floor?

Ya so simple, yet so nice :D
If only they built an 800 ft tower in the downtown area or Back Bay like that!
That would be something to look at...Well we already got the Hancock Tower, but whatever! It doesn't have a bunch of patterns, just one color!

img0129bg3.jpg

img0131it9.jpg

they refaced one small part of the main building. Kinda pointless if you ask me

img0132nt6.jpg

are the polls open? i really don't like the look of this thing. does nothing for me at all (outside of making the area even more hyperactive (in a good way)).

This area just feels so much better with the vacant lots filled in. Feels more like a place instead of the edge of a place.

I'd like to see the old brick Mass Mental on Fenwood (partly obscured) saved as part of something.

I would too, but it's not going to happen. Brigham's next project - whatever and whenever that may be - will go up here. And beyond the facade (which is in rough shape), there's little to save.

(For those who don't know, the Mass Mental building we speak of is the brick structure to this building's southwest. You can see it in pics 5 through 7 of my above photos from January.)

kz your pictures stopped showing up for me in all the threads! What happened?

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it.

Back