Broadway Gate.

P.S. Thought about this some more. Mysterious status of this proposal aside, its scale compared to the rest of Downtown Providence's relatively meager commercial footprint (Providence Place mall, Dunks' Civic Center, and RI Convention Center aside) is quite remarkable [or delusional, depending on your perspective].

Let's assume this Solus4 website is quoting accurately, and the developer was legitimately pitching a 2.5-million sq.-ft. project.

Providence's 7 largest office towers don't even equal 2.5 million sf when combined together:

111 Westminster: .441 million sf
40 Westminster: .266 million sf
100 Westminster: .365 million sf
One Financial Plaza: .322 million sf
500 Exchange Street: .327 million sf
1 Citizens Plaza: .218 million sf
Turk's Head: .148 million sf

Imagine a mixed-use, non-stadium/non-mall project being pitched for Boston that was larger than Boston's 7 largest office towers combined... we'd be talking about something in the 10 million sf range... 100 Summer Street, 9 times over.

I didn’t see the blog, and consequently didn’t see the date. But I was wondering if it was an older concept, when I viewed it, I was thinking/ wondering if one of those parcels is already developed by either the new Residence Inn Hotel or it might be the new Apartment building across the street from the Convention Center. As for your comment about the size, yeah it’s quite a bit! It was pretty impressive though, and still would have been even if it had gotten scaled down! I will say this when I first viewed it, I thought it was an urban pitch for Hasbro! I remember reading that they were looking to build a new campus and thought someone was trying to get them to fully move to downtown Providence, and with that proposal/concept located right next to Hasbro’s downtown Providence building, it made me wonder if it was an attempt to land them as an anchor tenet as part of a mixed use plan.

Back