IMG_1925 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1929 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1934 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1940 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1939 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1943 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1945 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_1953 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

The facade completely changes from varying degrees of clear to red depending on the angle its viewed from. I havent seen a transition so dramatic. This facade is amazing. Its going to look completely different from every different sight line, even when viewing the same side!

I dont love the facade but its much better than the renders for sure. That is a relief. The base looked like a parking garage in the renders.

And it is interesting how its so different depending on the angle.

^^^In answer to that instagram comment, I was in Boston today and it was beautiful right up to the moment I was on Storrow Drive West around 5:15-5:30. Suddenly you could literally see the storm line approaching, and it went from a pleasant clear day to extremely low visibility with psychotic winds, fog, and snow in the blink of an eye! By the time I was driving by this tower I was right in the heart of it all. Must have dropped an inch of snow in 10 minutes flat and then it kind of just moseyed on out of here.

^^^In answer to that instagram comment, I was in Boston today and it was beautiful right up to the moment I was on Storrow Drive West around 5:15-5:30. Suddenly you could literally see the storm line approaching, and it went from a pleasant clear day to extremely low visibility with psychotic winds, fog, and snow in the blink of an eye! By the time I was driving by this tower I was right in the heart of it all. Must have dropped an inch of snow in 10 minutes flat and then it kind of just moseyed on out of here.

It was fun to watch from my living room as people hustled back to wherever they came from/were going to.

I once got caught in a rain storm like this a few years ago, still remember it vividly. Bright, hot and sunny day out, walking down the street, heard a distant white noise and stopped walking and talking. In seconds, a wall of the hardest pouring rain I've ever witnessed approached and passed over us like nothing, along with relentless wind. There was no saving by clothes for the T ride home that day. As it turns out, someone else that day was much drier than I was.

I once got caught in a rain storm like this a few years ago, still remember it vividly. Bright, hot and sunny day out, walking down the street, heard a distant white noise and stopped walking and talking. In seconds, a wall of the hardest pouring rain I've ever witnessed approached and passed over us like nothing, along with relentless wind.

Rain is definitely worse unless you weren't layered for this. At least this snowstorm wasn't going to leave you soaked. The out-of-nowhere rainstorms happen more in the southeast. I remember needing to get ponchos when I was at Disney as a kid. At UNC I was heading to the gym and this happened, but I managed to hide out under a tree for about 15 minutes until it passed. You'd be surprised how dry you can stay just by standing under the right tree!

51896924790_64680e6637_b.jpg

51896924925_03e3201a5f_b.jpg

51895316127_674c506986_b.jpg

The facade lights up?

It was just the sun's final reflections of the day. 3rd pic kind of shows that to be the case. It was actually right after the insane snow squall!

EDIT: Here's a good video of the squall! (note I can't remember where I first saw this so if another user posted it first, I apologize for the reuse)

Last edited:
2/20 From Quincy. If you haven't scrolled up already, please note that there are much better updates above in posts 664, 665, 669, and 671.

IMG_8471 by David Z, on Flickr

The BU website says that construction will be complete by 10/28/2022 and the building will be open in time for spring semester, 2023 in January. While they are making rapid progress that seems like a very optimistic timeline.

Wow - that Esplanade view is probably my preferred angle up to this point.

The BU website says that construction will be complete by 10/28/2022 and the building will be open in time for spring semester, 2023 in January. While they are making rapid progress that seems like a very optimistic timeline.

Shan’t worry — it’ll be open in the Spring much to your consternation.

Wow - that Esplanade view is probably my preferred angle up to this point.

Actually IMO the best view is literally never posted, but it's from Bay State Road. I only went there at night once (cut over from Kenmore) without my camera but was blown away. I wanted to go get the credit for myself but that might take a while (at least until after daylight savings) so... Maybe an idea for Beeline?

Last edited:
Actually IMO the best view is literally never posted, but it's from Bay State Road. I only went there at night once (cut over from Kenmore) without my camera but was blown away. I wanted to go get the credit for myself but that might take a while (at least until after daylight savings) so... Maybe an idea for Beeline?

Nope I'm claiming it fair and square. And considering how Bay State is one of my personal favorite roads in all of Boston I'm left wondering how the hell I haven't driven down it for months. Duly noted!

Nope I'm claiming it fair and square. And considering how Bay State is one of my personal favorite roads in all of Boston I'm left wondering how the hell I haven't driven down it for months. Duly noted!
It’s probably the best street in Boston.

Back