BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

Walked by this earlier tonight (10.11.22)--absolutely stunning in the evening light!

IMG_20221011_183355796.jpg

Just to be a Debbie Downer I predict that in the next 5 years BU will spend a minimum of $10 million to fix/replace some of these advanced features.

Just to be a Debbie Downer I predict that in the next 5 years BU will spend a minimum of $10 million to fix/replace some of these advanced features.

I once read that the annual repair and upkeep cost that is generally budgeted into yearly costs to owner/operators for skyscrapers (and this a few years back) is typically over $1mm, so you’re likely not off, whether you’re being a Debbie Downer or not.

regardless, I appreciate how they really swung for the fences with this one and I hope the advanced features you predict to fail sooner than later prove to be a robust success that inspires others.

Last edited:

“All of the building’s electricity has been secured through a long-term deal with a wind farm in South Dakota, the Globe reported. The tower will be the largest net-zero carbon building in Boston, and possibly in New England, according to the newspaper.”

Anybody know how the hell this works?

“All of the building’s electricity has been secured through a long-term deal with a wind farm in South Dakota, the Globe reported. The tower will be the largest net-zero carbon building in Boston, and possibly in New England, according to the newspaper.”

Anybody know how the hell this works?

Probably works the same way sausage is made. The less you know about it, the more you're going to like it.

Last edited:

Back