Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

I walk by that beige/green disaster every day. The colors are even worse in person.

Apparently, the old Checker Cab garage on Fulkerson was permitted for 40 residential units in 2016. However, the developer sold out to Eversource in 2017 for $13 million. It’s now the location for a proposed substation.

Apparently, the old Checker Cab garage on Fulkerson was permitted for 40 residential units in 2016. However, the developer sold out to Eversource in 2017 for $13 million. It’s now the location for a proposed substation.

That's a freaking travesty. There is a school and a park right there!

I recognize that infrastructure has to go somewhere, but that is a real waste of park-fronting property.

249 Third St

7Zl5ikuh.jpg

daxgDLsh.jpg

50 Rogers St

Qf2JcVgh.jpg

gDOoMWqh.jpg

I would rather see facadism viciously implemented here: let's rip out that building and set up a movie-set preservation of the walls embedded in a pastiche of mixed medium schlock. Can we even get Kairos Shen on this project as a consultant?

I'm curious, say more about this? You hate the glass addition, you hate the glass bumpout on the side, or you just hate the whole concept of this proposal? Maybe I'm missing something, is this a historical brick building that should remain untouched?

https://www.cambridgema.gov/~/media...243/sp243_appgraphics_linskey_dr_20190503.pdf

10 Essex is so Miami, but quite nice stonework. I think they took some cues from the BSC building at 9 Essex.

Back