CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS?!?!?!?!

P

Patrick

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOSTON BUT IS VERY STRANGE AND I DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO OVERLOOK IT BECAUSE IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTERATING ME...

The same cross-shaped object appeared in all three of these photos, taken Saturday night at midnight. What could it be? A bird? A Plane? (not superman, please). Could it be the twinkle of a star? The funny think is that it appeared in the different locations shown below but I stayed put, so whatever it was moved. I dont think it looks like a plane.
weird0ps.jpg

weird24vb.jpg

weird30yx.jpg

oh and p.s. these shots were not taken immediately one right after the other...probably at least 15 seconds in between each. i find this object to be very weird. the fact that it is cross-shaped and directly over the steeple of the tallest church in portland is also strange.

also, it appears to be facing in different directions in two of the photos. do burds really fly at midnight?

Art Bell might say black helicopters or ET's, I say reflected light off the cross atop the church on to the clouds.

Perhaps it didn`t move but there were many reflections from different sources that weren`t visible till the cloud moved or it was a single light source like a truck that moved changing the angle of reflection.

pretty darn weird anyway

interesting...its possible...but I still don't know what the heck the light would be from (the steeple is 20 stories in the air) and i took this picture from almost a mile away across the back bay...and I have never known clouds to reflect light that strongly and clearly. it is very strange.

i dont see how it ould be possible to reflect the shape of a holy cross as a slanted bird-like red light. it is frusterating me but i think you might still be on to something because that tall light post is right next to the steeple...but im still not totally convinced.

weird6zr.jpg

I don't understand why you reposted this in so many different folders. It fragments the discussion since people won't see each others replies in different threads.

looks like a cloud or smoke. Possibly a plae going behind a cloud or light from the street brightening it somehow.

Ron Newman said:
I don't understand why you reposted this in so many different folders. It fragments the discussion since people won't see each others replies in different threads.

I know it doesnt make a ton of sense, but i didnt post it so much for discussion as i did to hear individual answers. and i know not everyon checks the other boards, so i posted it where i thought the most people could get to see it from the different boards. i guess i will erase the others.

1. It could also be a lens artifact from the very bright light to the left in the picture. Sort of a lens flare.

2. Or perhaps a red strobe on the belly of a plane reflecting oddly off the underside of the hull and wings?

-ALJ

I like where Bowesst is going... if you were behind glass, it could be a reflection from a light (or IR) on your camera or in the room behind you.

no, i was out in the open outdoors. we have a small bay in portland with a boulevard/walkway around it and i was standing on the opposite side from downtown, so there was about a mile of water in between me and the shot (i zoomed all the way that i could). doesnt look like a plane because of the steepness of the angle, and the airport is not in that direction. im thought it was the cross reflected from that large light, but it is not even close to the same shape. odd

In that case, my money is on a lens artifact from the bright light on the left.

someone else suggested that it might be a weather station device.

It's safest to say that it's just some sign from god, like when you find an image of the "virgin" Mary on your grilled cheese.

Corey said:
It's safest to say that it's just some sign from god, like when you find an image of the "virgin" Mary on your grilled cheese.

it was my ham sandwich, but anyways how the hell did you know that happened to me, i was just gonna post a pic of it..

Corey said:

That only works with Swiss Cheese.

vanshnookenraggen said:
Corey said:

so the swiss are the chosen people i suppose :)

Patrick said:
vanshnookenraggen said:
Corey said:

so the swiss are the chosen people i suppose :)

No, because the cheese is holy.

If I were you, I'd try to sell those pictures on eBay. There are some crazy people out there that might actually think it's a sign from god (ie. grilled cheese). You could make thousands and then give a few hundred to me as a show of thanks for the idea :wink:

Back