Can someone please explain this to me?

Kahta

Reaction score
So I was standing on Beacon street at the Dean road stop and a train slowed down, clearly saw me, I reached into my wallet to get my Charlie Card and then it sped back up and drove away without stopping. Is there any logical explanation for this? This happened at 7:20 or so last night.

It was 30 degrees outside and I was beyond angry.

Last edited:
Report it to customer service, and get the car number and exact time. They can pinpoint the offending operator on the schedule that way. It's been an agency initiative to cut that shit out with lazy operators who won't make stops because of a full car or some other lame excuse. They'll often give refund/free passes and a mea culpa, and operators do get questioned on it and punished for it when the evidence is compelling.

It's no excuse on their part if the train were running express, either, because the destination signs are required to scroll "EXPRESS" and the stop announcements sound at every station to warn people on the platform of a no-stop.

Cell phone cams and/or Twitter tend to keep them on their toes just a bit more. The operators get in real hot water when those reports go viral. Upper mgt. definitely monitors local feeds for that stuff.

If this ever happens with a bus, and you didn't get the bus number, the CatchTheBus iPhone app shows you the bus numbers of buses on a route, in addition to the arrival times. Other apps might show the same data. (The standard NextBus web site only shows the arrival times.)

Report it to customer service, and get the car number and exact time. They can pinpoint the offending operator on the schedule that way. It's been an agency initiative to cut that shit out with lazy operators who won't make stops because of a full car or some other lame excuse. They'll often give refund/free passes and a mea culpa, and operators do get questioned on it and punished for it when the evidence is compelling.

It's no excuse on their part if the train were running express, either, because the destination signs are required to scroll "EXPRESS" and the stop announcements sound at every station to warn people on the platform of a no-stop.

Cell phone cams and/or Twitter tend to keep them on their toes just a bit more. The operators get in real hot water when those reports go viral. Upper mgt. definitely monitors local feeds for that stuff.

The car was inbound from Cleveland Circle, so it wasn't running express.

Ok, I wrote down the train number for this specific reason. Thanks.

Are you positive it was in service? If so, that's really shitty.

Back