[CANCELED] 1000 Boylston Street | MassDOT Parcel 15 | Back Bay

I'll say this. Between Peebles across the street f'ing the Hynes egress' and the inherent difficulties at grade, this is a 2030 project at best.

At least some of this board should be happy if this project stalls for a decade. Rising cost of construction over the next decade will likely require a redesign and more height. On the other hand can't predict what the economy will look like that far out.

So Im guessing we have to wait until this whole thing plays out before we can even start to think about the parcel being developed by a different developer?

More lawsuit: https://bankerandtradesman.com/meta...al&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-14077848

Weiner said the city of Boston required landscaping as part of the project, but live trees could not be installed on the elevated deck above the Turnpike.

Well that will sure come as an unfortunate surprise to Samuels, because Parcel 12 has quite a few trees...

Weiner comes across as pretty amateur hour in these snippets.

So Im guessing we have to wait until this whole thing plays out before we can even start to think about the parcel being developed by a different developer?

I don't see why we would. MassDOT isn't being sued, and they withdrew the permit entirely, so they could re-compete it at any time. I'd suggest they focus on Peebles getting his sh_ together on Parcel 13 first, though.

Not to be negative, but I don’t think any of these revelations would indicate that this is back on. I hope someone can change my mind.

Back