Canopy Portland Waterfront | 1 Center Street | Portland

Smart to design this with the entrance on the side street. This will be the Portland hotel to stay at now.

Not exciting, but not offensive either. I think it's pretty good! The interior renderings on the Hilton website, however, are a little blahh. We'll see how it actually looks.

Canopy - Portland, ME

It also says they are taking reservations for June 30 and on.

IMG_1787.jpg

Great shot Corey, the new Free Street building really gives the skyline an added layer of depth. Am also glad to see they hid all of the mechanical stuff on the roof.

Luna is a great spot, wish it had more outdoor space. Overall, beautiful hotel. The restaurant/bar ground floor facing Commercial needs some "Portland, ME" touches - it could be any hotel, anywhere, and the initial press releases touted a "you'll know you are in Portland, ME" vibe. Amazing addition to Portland!

It will be interesting when the time and temp roof top bar opens and the Westin roof top bar opens...

It will be interesting when the time and temp roof top bar opens and the Westin roof top bar opens...
Construction on the Westin Top of the East roof top deck is scheduled to begin in November and to be completed by June 2022. It appears that a complete re-do/modernization of the interior of the Top of the East will take place as well.

It appears that a complete re-do/modernization of the interior of the Top of the East will take place as well.
Perhaps unsurprising seeing as they're creating that deck, but it was just completely redone (and expanded) during the renovations that created the Westin. I wouldn't think they'd need to do that much to it.

I was up there a few weeks ago and it has been 7 years since the Westin's opening. The tables, chairs, and carpet are beginning to show their age and a decor makeover is appropriate and some added motivation could be due to the future opening of other rooftop lounges. I agree with cneal's post on the Canopy's rooftop vantage point, the difference between the Westin's view at 300' above sea level and 65' for the Luna Bar is huge. I think the views from the roof of the Time and Temperature Hotel may be more interesting than the Top of the East due to it's more central downtown location and close proximity to Monument Square and the Old Port.

Last edited:

Back