Cartography of Boston City

Turilly

Reaction score
First, sorry for my english but i?m an architect from Spain and i?m doing a work about the city of Boston.

Well, i have been visiting this forum a couple of weeks, trying to know the new Boston, further Big Dig and Back Bay. Now, i am trying to find a good map of entire Boston. I have visited the web of BRA and they have all the maps of neighborhoods, but no an entire map of the city. So, i would want know where to get a good plan, at acceptable scale (1/5000 or so) and if its possible, in CAD format, not only a scan. And no satellite maps.

I hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance. Bye.

Welcome

Welcome, Turilly! I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't hesitate to ask any questions if you need help while working on your project. Chances are, you'll be able to find someone (much more knowledgeable than I am) on the forum who can help with most sorts of questions about the city. Good luck, and welcome!

Thank you, men.

I will profit those ortophotos and i will continue in my quest of CAD plans. It?s strange that the Bra hasn?t any global map. I suppose that i will must write them to get it. This afternoon more. See you.

You can buy these from the BRA ,don,t know if the're on line though? click pixs to enlarge.

Okay, I'll take a whirl at this.

Click on it for a full-sized .jpg.

Wow, those pics are awesome. But i think that they haven?t from the zone of Roxbury and Dorchester. At the end, i?m doing a map using the google maps. It isn?t perfect, but better than i have. If someone knows how to quit the name of the streets, it would be great.

And thank u by the Boston Atlas, Lurker. I had seen before and a couple of historic maps are interesting, but its the same, they only have pieces of city, non entire plan.

Editing : Yes, the Atlas has the buildong footprints. All right.

Editing again : Haha, at the end i found the holy grial.

http://www.cityofboston.gov/bra/BRA_3D_Models/Index.html The 2d layers are what i needed. Victory my friends!!!

Last edited:

Back