Changing Cities: 75 Years Of Planning Better Futures At MIT

briv

Reaction score
Changing Cities: 75 Years Of Planning Better Futures At MIT

On View February 12 through April 11, 2008
Opening Reception: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 from 5:30 - 7pm

Changing Cities: 75 Years of Planning Better Futures at MIT, an exhibition of archival, graphic and multimedia materials examining the history and influence of the Department of Urban Studies and Planning on the occasion of its 75th anniversary.
Rooted in land-use planning traditions, the department has pioneered new ways to analyze and enhance the physical form of cities, embraced the social sciences, expanded into studies of comparative planning and development practice around the world, and developed novel ways to negotiate effective action, nurture supportive technologies, and encourage reflective practice.

Hours
The Elliot K. Wolk Gallery is free and open to the public Monday through Friday, 9AM - 5PM. The gallery is located in MIT Building 7, Room 338, at 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge. For directions, look here.
Exhibitions are organized by Gary Van Zante, Curator of Architecture and Design at the MIT Museum. (617.253.2825; vanzante@mit.edu). For information on the current exhibit, contact Laura Knott at 617.258.9106. (lknott@mit.edu).
The Wolk Gallery was established in 1995 in recognition of Elliot K. Wolk, Class of 1957, whose generous donation of Frank Stella's four-wall sculpture and collage, Loohooloo, is permanently installed in the adjacent Stella Conference Room.

If the exhibit is open only Monday through Friday, it should not also be listed on Saturdays and Sundays in this calendar.

If the exhibit is open only Monday through Friday, it should not also be listed on Saturdays and Sundays in this calendar.

Will do, and I apologize if anyone was misinformed. My mistake.

Thanks. Is there a way to view the calendar so that I see only single-day events and not continuing exhibits such as this one and the one at the BPL?

Ron, I'm not sure, but I'll look into it.

Back