Charlie Baker and the built environment

^ Woah. I bleed blue and even did some emergency canvassing for Martha, but I'm fully willing to give Charlie a fair shot. When he starts announcing his platform and making policy changes, then he can be scrutinized. No need for name calling or assumptions at this point.
data, there is plenty of time to call him out for what we all know will happen.

This is Mittens 2.0. If you thought that the Big Dig ceiling tunnel collapse where that woman was killed was a hoot, then get ready to for what Gov. Bottomtooth has in store for our infrastructure.

Source? None. Intuition? Everything that a rethuglican has tried to do and has done successfully.

While we're derailing threads, I would say, that with a sister and soon to be brother-in-law who are both social workers, they are both shaking in their boots over Charlie. Their job is already tough enough as it is. We can only imagine what is going to happen under Gov. Douche Nozzle.

With all that's gone on in the last few years, they deserve to be shitting their pants not just shaking in their boots.

If you thought that the Big Dig ceiling tunnel collapse where that woman was killed was a hoot....
I must have missed the part where Baker railed against epoxy strength to mobilize key right-wing constituencies. Is bolt-anchoring a big tea party issue?

Source? None. Intuition? Everything that a rethuglican has tried to do and has done successfully.

While we're derailing threads, I would say, that with a sister and soon to be brother-in-law who are both social workers, they are both shaking in their boots over Charlie. Their job is already tough enough as it is. We can only imagine what is going to happen under Gov. Douche Nozzle.

Easy. DMH wastes more of its money on corrupt and Democrat-appointed/hired admin positions than even sees patient care. DMH even has their own police department full of highly paid rent-a-cops. Good luck dealing with THAT problem, but if it ever gets done, it sure wont be a Democrat who weeds out the useless positions all over that and every other administration. The sad reality is costs need to be cut, but when they are cut they come out of service-rendering folks who are needed rather than the admins who aren't. But I would still give Baker a chance. This state needs a good dose of some Machiavellianism. Romney was making a fine go of it, ousting Amorello and Bulger, before he decided to bounce and spend the rest of his governorship blasting abortion in South Carolina.

With all that's gone on in the last few years, they deserve to be shitting their pants not just shaking in their boots.
Actually, my sister works very hard. She takes a lot of shit. She deals with the legacy effects of institutional racism in her job (i.e. dealing with the lil' Shaniqua Perez's of the world).

Just because your guy has an agenda to boot, doesn't mean that my sister and her fiance have to suffer for it. I can't imagine what it's like when she has to do waaaaaaaaaaay more with less.

Boston.com coverage of Baker cabinet appts (updated).

Todays:
Chief of Staff: Steven Kadish, Northeastern University’s SVP/COO; former CFO @ Dartmouth College and a similar role at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Kadish has a bachelor’s degree from Tufts University and has a master’s degree in city planning from MIT. Worked at Harvard Pilgrim (same time as Baker, it appears).

Energy and Environmental Affairs: Matthew Beaton, State Rep (Shrewsbury), WPI grad; Master's in energy & environmental analysis, BU. Business owner Beaton Kane Construction (specializing in energy-efficient construction). He holds the 11th Worcester rep. district (he succeeded Lt Gov Karyn Polito there)

Master's degrees in engineering things. They seem neither hacks nor quacks and likely comfortable with facts and math. Sure, Kadish probably got his masters when city planning was car-centric, but, hey, the guy at least knows the elements that go into them.

Last edited:

Back