Chasing the Peak - Fall Foliage in the Northeast

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
It turns out I'm not just obsessed with buildings, but also with foliage! Here's a smattering of shots from the Northeast last October. I'll stick to only showing New England here but the full album includes the Adirondacks and Lake Placid area in early October, as well as the Catskills in late October.

See full album here (recommend clicking into first pic, full screening it, scroll through with arrow keys): https://www.flickr.com/photos/123885177@N02/albums/72157714385088136

Part 1... (since for some reason I can't post more than 20 images)

NH - Mt Major

Mt Major NH, Oct 2019 by David Z, on Flickr

Maine - Coastal area, back roads north of Rt 1, somewhere between Brunswick and Camden

Maine Oct 2019 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
Woodstock VT last weekend
DSC_6981 (3).jpg
DSC_6936 (3).jpg
DSC_7026 (3).jpg

A year ago this upcoming weekend I was driving all around Western MA by North Adams and Lenox - highly recommended if you haven't made the trip out there. I would be out there in a heartbeat this upcoming weekend if I weren't so busy.

Looks great!

I'll be in Western ME and NH this weekend (hiking Lafayette). I think it'll be a little past peak. We were in the Mad River Valley two weeks ago (hiked Camel's Hump) and it looked like it was peak then.

More from last weekend, all from northern Maine on 10/3. The 1st one is the furthest north I have ever been in the United States, as it's north of the Vermont/Canadian border. The 2nd is also from the same spot, and the 3rd a bit southeast of there down Route 27. Here's a link to the first one's location, just north of an official parking lot pullover, by Flagstaff Lake and Bigelow Preserve.

IMG_3282 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_3279 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_3311 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
Driving up to New Hampshire this weekend for unrelated foliage activities, I noticed a sea of Massholes on both 93 and US-3 for the weekend. Most people I’m sure are disappointed because it’s well past peak up in the North Country. Though if people are this excited about leaves, I know several lawns that need a raking or two.

Back