Chat Room?

Suffolk 83

Reaction score
I've thought about a chatroom here. There's not a ton of members so it wouldn't get used hardly at all but if there were an event announced- like "Chat on Wednesday Night 9pm. I think the regulars would show up. Just a thought. Not sure on the logistics of it as far as the internet geekeology and potential costs but it might not be a bad idea.

It'd be interesting to read some real time banter w/o the benefits of time to censor yourself. Once a week or once or whatever works COULD be interesting.

even the Berkman Center for Internet & Society, at Harvard Law School, still uses IRC.

Twitter has become the new IRC for my friends.

Yeah I was going to say (in response to Ron) that the Berkman Center people who use IRC are mostly an older crowd. The younger fellows there are Twitter fanatics.

This would be pretty cool. I don't know anything about IRC, but Twitter isn't really a chat room. So if they're similar...yeah.

Suffolk is right though. Give particular dates, and give a topic, and just go at it. Figure a half-hour to an hour, depending on how active everyone is.

I'll look into adding some kind of simple chat or something. I'm constantly hearing about Twitter, but, for the life of me, I just dont get it.

Back