ChiCom ESB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiNYC

Reaction score
Who saw the ESB colors yesterday?

My favorite still of all the themes has to be the Christmas red and green.

What's your favorite?

Steady Blue, clear view
Flashing Blue, clouds are due
Steady Red, rain ahead
Flashing Red, snow instead
Note: Flashing Red during summer = Red Sox home game is canceled.

Yo dude, this is Boston. No one cares about that. (And I live in NYC!)

Yo! Empire State Building... I'm really happy for you and ima let you finish, but Fan Pier has one of the best crowns OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME....

3971090799_2c05f6cd2b.jpg

Please stop spamming us with links to your website. It makes me sad.

FAN PIIIIEERR, WHAT!

Seriously, I'm disappointed in the ESB. I guess when you have a Statue of Liberty, the "empire" building is free to celebrate oppression.

^^Thay are not celebrating oppression! What a cynical thing to say.

They are celebrating all the cheap consumer products made available to us because of the oppression!

Two completely different things.

The ChiCom ESB has caused quite a fuss.

Its like having an Apple symbol on the back of your computer, freely advertising a product that makes you pay $$ every time you need an update.

If Chinese banks and investors pretty much own the ESB by now, I don't really think anyone can stop them from picking which colors get used to light the top of the tower.

If Chinese banks and investors pretty much own the ESB by now, I don't really think anyone can stop them from picking which colors get used to light the top of the tower.

I do not think that Chinese banks and investors own the ESB. If they do, they sure dont control squat.

If they did, would they let Human Rights Watch lease the 34th Floor as they do?

I think, probably not.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they take HRW's money? The org would just be pestering them from another building and not handing over any financial reward otherwise.

Thats just not how the H.a.n.s. roll my friend.

Anyway they dont own the ESB, and they dont control squat in NYC.

The Fed just owes them a lot of money, and wants to keep borrowing, so its "hey look at the pretty colors" and maybe even a very big "f*ck you very much" when it comes time to repay - there's talk of a massive default. What will they do then? Shoot rice balls at us? NO ONE seems to like them at the moment, a year after the Olympics. Look at the protests with this ESB event. HUGE!

Dont believe everything you read.

Take a look at C.h.i.n.a.smack website or the Hong Kong sub forum on SleepNY for some interesting insights.

Start with this

Hello, Gregory Tenenbaum.

(it seems a Wired New York troll has infiltrated our site)

FAN PIIIIEERR, WHAT!

Seriously, I'm disappointed in the ESB. I guess when you have a Statue of Liberty, the "empire" building is free to celebrate oppression.

Opression? In the past, yes, but China today is far from opressed, especially for minorities.

Thats just not how the H.a.n.s. roll my friend.

Anyway they dont own the ESB, and they dont control squat in NYC.

The Fed just owes them a lot of money, and wants to keep borrowing, so its "hey look at the pretty colors" and maybe even a very big "f*ck you very much" when it comes time to repay - there's talk of a massive default. What will they do then? Shoot rice balls at us? NO ONE seems to like them at the moment, a year after the Olympics. Look at the protests with this ESB event. HUGE!

Dont believe everything you read.

Take a look at C.h.i.n.a.smack website or the Hong Kong sub forum on SleepNY for some interesting insights.

Start with this

Lol 20 people is a "HUGE" protest? You got to be kidding me, probably there were more journalists than protesters as is the case with almost every anti-China/"pro"-Tibet protest (pro-China rallys in the Western world, on the other hand, are little covered, maybe just a small blurb in one newspaper). Red is the Chinese national color for thousands of years, it is just a coincidence that it is also the Communist color, so even if you're anti-Communist, I don't see anything offensive.

I dont know about that - only what I read. Take a look at the news stories on the site. The ChiCom ESB seemed to really have troubled the MSM.

Ill say hello to Tenenbaum, hes a valued member at SleepNY. How do you know him?

Opression? In the past, yes, but China today is far from opressed, especially for minorities.

Really? You dont say?

Would you like to live there?

I think someone is offended that no one in NYC liked the ChiCom ESB.

I'm pretty sure BarbaricManchurian does live (or lived) in China...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back