Churches and other religious buildings in Boston

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
Catchall for pictures, favorites, etc. I'm surprised a thread like this didn't exist. My personal favorite is the Old South Church below.

Old South Church Boston by Sergio Enciso, on Flickr

However, the real reason I created this thread is I didn't know where else to post these pictures. Another church I like a lot (architecturally), the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Huge fan of the double spire.

IMG_6151 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6166 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6167 by David Z, on Flickr

I really like the First Church of Roxbury:

Isn't there a really good Boston view from the church grounds? Is the view open to the public? Saw a pic once but haven't actually been over there to see for myself.

I've like this one in Fenway, not sure why.

DSC_4576 (2).JPG

DSC_4580 (2).JPG

Isn't there a really good Boston view from the church grounds? Is the view open to the public? Saw a pic once but haven't actually been over there to see for myself.

I’ve only walked around the base, and I don’t remember there being any great views. If anything, it’s weird how wooded the square is kept.

Maybe if you can get into the steeple, and look out the windows?

Edit: seems like there’s a park across the street with good city views. If you go up that way, you should check out the Garrison house and the Rapunzel-looking tower in Highland Park!

Last edited:
Catchall for pictures, favorites, etc. I'm surprised a thread like this didn't exist. My personal favorite is the Old South Church below.

Old South Church Boston by Sergio Enciso, on Flickr

However, the real reason I created this thread is I didn't know where else to post these pictures. Another church I like a lot (architecturally), the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Huge fan of the double spire.

IMG_6151 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6166 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6167 by David Z, on Flickr
Love Mission Church! ❤️🙏🏼

Back