Cold Spring Green (Newton)

Shepard

Reaction score
On Beacon Street at Four Corners, adjacent to Cold Spring Park, these four units in two townhouses have quietly gone up (not even on Google Streetview yet). I happened to drive by yesterday. "Green credentials" include geothermal and solar, among other things.

I don't think these pictures (not mine) do it justice - seems to make them look much cheaper and more ordinary than the effect has in person.

Cold_Spring2.jpg

13218_3_coldspring3big.jpg

Architect is Hisham Ashkouri.

Original renderings and interior views: http://www.arcadd.com/Portfolio/Sustainable/csg.htm

I would love to see a dense row-house district built in this style.

Plus a few stories, minus some excessive lawn space, this is what the never-built little side streets of the Seaport should have looked like.

I like those. It's a shame they look so out of place in the middle of a suburb. I agree, this is closer to what the Seaport should have been.

They look like beachfront condos built in 1988.

I like those. It's a shame they look so out of place in the middle of a suburb. I agree, this is closer to what the Seaport should have been.

I feel like those would look out of place anywhere. I don't love it, but don't hate it. It's interesting. The multifamily element feels a bit weird right at that point on Beacon, though. The Seaport could be more interesting, but I'm not sure I would have loved whole neighborhoods of this.

Where on Beacon is this?

About a quarter of a mile west of the intersection with Walnut Street - past a small retail plaza and a brick multistory office building. Beyond that is Cold Spring Park.

Back