Columbus Center Drama Dept.

Ned Flaherty

Reaction score
An article from mysouthend.com hinting that CC may be running out of time.

Briv, thread administrators such as yourself are trained to ensure the most efficient use of site resources, so given that the original article was posted more legibly and with a better image in message #1052 on 30 May, then why did you re-post the entire thing again in message #1074, with a lower quality image, in less legible all italics, 2 days later?

Re: Columbus Center

B.M.

I think I got off the last vote before the poll was closed. I wish you left it open, because I enjoyed the thought of Ned logging out as "Ned" to peek at it as a "guest".

I voted "no" out of sympathy for a shared "celtic" personality flaw: Ned enjoys fighting for its own sake.

Ned's tragedy is that there is no battlefield left to him other than our modest arena, or perhaps the "letters to the editor" section of the local fish wrappers. Puts one in mind of a broken down prize fighter boxing the locals at the county fair for smokes and drinks.

I am content to watch him swing, and to throw him a Lucky now and then.

Toby

For the aging pugilist, life, it turned out, existed only in the ring. I fear our boy Ned suffered the same fate.

Put your mitts down, pal. Go take a walk in the sun.

Columbus Center Drama Center

blair_not_listening.jpg

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Oh boy. Telling someone to "Fuck off" is undignified.

Could you use more proper language, Mr Manchurian? Even if he's made you mad, no reason to stoop.

Barbi,

Tough call . . . you are free to have your own opinion, as are we all. Not so sure rattling a sabre at a person who does pour a lot of energy into contributing to [this, in particular] discussion is in the best overall interest of the forum . . . but who am I to judge.

Remember, as Mssrs. Yauch, Horowitz and Diamond once said, "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."

Barbi,

Tough call . . . you are free to have your own opinion, as are we all. Not so sure rattling a sabre at a person who does pour a lot of energy into contributing to [this, in particular] discussion is in the best overall interest of the forum . . . but who am I to judge.

I'll second that. This forum was completely inactive from 5/14 until 5/26. What got it started again? A post from Ned.

Whether you agree with what he says or not, he has information that no one else has, and contributes much to this forum.

And administrator: Why exactly was Ned given a warning when those who use profanity, ridicule and gang up on others like school bullies are not warned? This forum is to exchange ideas and information. Just because some of this information is not what many want to hear, that is no excuse for this behavior. We are, after all, adults...aren't we?

Why are we even arguing on a Boston Architecture forum?

Re: Columbus Center Clusterfuck

I have created this thread to try and get the clusterfuck that is the Columbus Center thread under control. Things get heated in there like no place else. We want to keep a lively discussion going but we also want to keep it civil. This thread is where I'm gonna throw all the posts that don't deal with the project but deal with the drama.

O.K., but $5 says Ned never posts on this thread without your intervention... (Ned, you aren't eligible to collect.) BTW, the drama is more interesting than the dead project!

I agree, it's not dead. It's simply gone to live on a farm in the country with some distant relatives. Just like my dog sparky... from what I hear, he loves it there and so will CC

Hahahahahaaa! What's next at C.C.? Baldrick's slug balancing act?

Baldrick, you wouldn't know a cunning plan if Ned waved it in your face.

I like having Ned around and I very much agree with TedG's last point - that kind of stuff doesn't do this board any good at all.

did anyone else notice who joined the board the other day?

I like having Ned around and I very much agree with TedG's last point - that kind of stuff doesn't do this board any good at all.

did anyone else notice who joined the board the other day?

Interesting. I wonder if it is really her.

I like having Ned around as well. To be honest, I find his style grating sometimes, but I'm glad he posts here nonetheless.

Interesting. I wonder if it is really her.

I'm pretty much certain it is. Be nice.

Shirley recently had a very nice, important Appeals Court win against the sneaks at the BRA and City Council. Lots of bogus chicanery used by the aforementioned officials to "justify" open meeting law violations.

Shirley doubles the number of avowed females in the board membership, too!

As for us being nice, Shirl, please bring zeal with humor! Though Toby loves Ned and admires his "doggedness", damn, sometimes its like trying to go on a drug binge with Nancy Reagan. I keep hearing "No Pelhamhall, don't go yet", or "No Toby, you are wrong again! Bad dog!" Whispers of "no", over and over, unceasing.

I think I need treatment. I'm a talking basset hound, I lapse into referring to my canine self in the third person, and I'm cracking up.

Last edited:

Back