Come October, Boston Skyline May Light Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

aHigherBoston78

Reaction score
Am I reposting this? I didn't see this on here at all and was surprised...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/07/20/need_a_light/

Imagine a city that doesn't slink into darkness once the sun sets. Otherworldly lights beam into the heavens from Rowes Wharf. The subway entrances near South Station glow deep red and blue. The Custom House Tower once again stands bright on the city's skyline, its clock face vivid in the night sky. The hulking metal counterweight on the Congress Street Bridge transforms into a soft lantern high above Fort Point Channel....

yes late pass and its going to get moved. This seems a bit too cheesy for my tastes. But I will say I've always thought Boston should change the lighting schemes to green for St. Paddies day each year. The Pru, Zakim, the panels on State St. etc etc. That would be very cool and more inline with the city's character. Chicago has its green river, Boston should throw its own spin on it. We've got to have the top 3 St. Paddies day celebrations in the nation, we should show it off a bit more. just for a couple nights in March.

This is "cheesy"? I think Boston's skyline is [comparatively] poorly lit and agree with the woman in the article. If you go to pretty much another other major city in the world, they have at LEAST one or two signature buildings lit up beautifully at night and can be seen for miles and miles. I think it would be great if you could get Custom House and a tower well lit at night on a permanent basis. Something like 2 International is great, but even the lighting on there is fairly dim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back