525 Linc | 525 Lincoln Street | Allston

It's actually spelled Allbright. Well, I am intrigued, just from the name, I'm guessing it's a co-living building, and after doing some googling, yes it is! I think this is a great model for young(er) professionals that want a nice place but not at the price of a standalone unit, plus it may be more fun socially. I would love to live in one of these types of buildings at least for a bit.

I've attended a lot of the relevant public / community group meetings for this project, and I've been impressed by the developers (ArxUrban). They've really engaged widely with a lot of different constituent groups in Allston (especially artists, neighbors, and young professionals), and been very thoughtful about tailoring the proposal to incorporate feedback.

The multiple personality disorder facade still sucks, but it meets the street much better now.

Public pedestrian stairwells make areas feel interesting and urban in my opinion. San Francisco, Berkeley, and other naturally hilly areas do a really good job with them and I'm hoping that this project plus the existing stairwell and ramp just to the west of it create a similar experience.

I like. I mean, it's OK, but I also like the steps for pedestrians. And, most importantly, more streetwall along this stretch of Cambridge = GOOD.

This one looks beautiful - particularly in this area. Good location but windswept Pike can be fixed...

Excited to see it get going.

This has begun
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 5.24.02 PM copy.jpg

DSC_0173.jpeg
DSC_0181.jpeg
DSC_0192.jpeg

This is what I entusiastically call a "Shots Fired!" type of development. This is right off the Mass Pike exit for anyone leaving or entering Brighton on the currently moribound section of Cambridge Street. It is a wildly good location for any business or residential and has been hitting well below its weight class for decades. I'm as anti-car as any human on this earth, and would prefer no growth of it needed, but this several block area actually makes tremendous sense for excellent vehicular Smart Growth (keep the car dependant by the eixit/entry ramps, not clogging up the capilaries). I feel dirty typing this, but here, I'd be ok with them putting in a huge parking garage underneath. Perhaps people going to and from Allston/Brighton up to a mile away can park in places like these near ramps instead of clogging up inner areas.

1640635540452.png

Back