Copley Place Expansion and Tower | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Copley Place plan calls for condo tower

Holyoke St. is nearly directly south of the proposal and could never be in shadow, even in the winter, no matter what the height unless she is speaking figuratively.

Does anyone write editorials to the Globe and the Hearald about these things or also attend meetings? I mean I don't, and I'm probably too lazy/busy to do it, but its time the silent majority tell these fuck faces, that have wack complaints, to fuck off. Really their arguments can be shred to pieces with simple unemotional inteligent responses. Unfortunately I'd just end up getting pissed off and not taken seriously, but if a person could just calmly respond to all of their concerns they would look like retards in the end. Like the shadow thing could simply be reniged by saying it's surrounded by skyscrappers there are already shadows. I mean will this particular tower cast a shadow into your bathroom window. And then you would have no sun light when you take a shower? Well fuck off and turn on a light. There are plenty of unubstructed views in the subrubs. Stop being so selfish. I mean its not like these NIMBY's are experts in anything. For the mose part they are talking out of their asses. Its just that they are rich, white, and politically connected, with NOthing better to do. You see I got emotional.

I guess SE residents think the neighborhood should remain as it is, frozen in time.

Preserving the South End neighborhood has considerable merit. I would not want to see a row of brownstones demolished to build a tower. This one, however, is on currently vacant land, so historic preservation is not an issue.

The only thing about preserving the south end is that, atleast demographically, its already changed a good deal.

I was referring to preserving the architecture.

GW2500 your the man..

if a person could just calmly respond to all of their concerns they would look like retards in the end. the problem is that "the majority" the non retards are here online. or the majority who dont care about shadows or wind dont bother or never know of a project until construction starts. the only people who make their voice heard are the "retards".. the minority..

YEs by all means protect the rows of brownstones. thats great protect them with all your might but not parking lots and air rights over or next to the mass pike.

we are not frozen in time boston is not some suburb. wake up morons..
in the suburbs you have trees and plenty of them. blocking the sun every day. stop complaining.

also, complaining about shadows around parks and public gardens or historic landmarks is ok. great.. but imagine residents of one highrise complaining about the construction of another high rise. because it blocks their view. the residents of that 1st highrise dont own a "view"or the air. thats like the boston redsox complaining about anyone building a highrise because it would change the view from the park..????!!! the hancock and prudential changed the view when they where built. so will the next highrise. Th eboston redsox do not have a say in what gets built by the prudential center because they would have to make new postcards and posters to include the new building. the "view" from a fenway seat is not a trademark its i snot a F*****king historic landmark. the park itself is but not the view a few blocks away.

Shadows?? you live in a metro city you dont need sunlight to grow Grass. your sunlight will be blocked for a portion of the day while you are at work. big deal.. thats almost like saying oh I got a house near the highway cars should drive slower because the noise is too loud. you chose to live in a metro city not a suburb.

why do these peopel have "SO MUCH" leverage.. in boston.

what I dont get is how the old boylston square proposal got destroyed.
something like that would have looked great..at what 60 floors.. ??!
now berkley music school proposes a 35 floor building there and its too
high?//?? !!! I use that as an example.. of how much power these people have over projects.

why do these peopel have "SO MUCH" leverage.. in boston.

Because they vote. Because they go to meetings. Because they write letters and call the media and elected officials.

Because all we do rant on web forums.

Because they vote. Because they go to meetings. Because they write letters and call the media and elected officials.

Because all we do rant on web forums.

Is there a way to email them? If there is only a way to have this forum be more well known...

Email whom? The obstructionists? So we can waste our time debating evironmental science arcana with a thousand Ned Flahertys? Better to be professional advocates focused on the powers-that-be.

DarkFen -- The people you wish to see this forum would probably not stay for long. Think about the population who frequent this site. Though there are many reasonable forum members, many of our contributers are for height (as tall as possible) no matter the circumstances. In some ways, it is the opposite of NIMBYism. And just as short-sighted.

Your post is too short.

" a skyscraper is not a neighborhood," she said. "It takes away the feeling of the neighborhood to look up and see skyscrapers."

Does this woman not realize she lives in a city? I am willing to bet you can already see a skyscraper from her neighborhood.... this lady seems like she wants to live in a suburb

I really cannot understand this lady's strange perception of living in a city. I used to live in the St. Botolph neighborhood, on the SW Corridor Park. I LOVED the fact that I could see the Hancock building, and part of the Financial District from my first floor condo -- first floor and a skyline view! That is city living.

DarkFen -- The people you wish to see this forum would probably not stay for long. Think about the population who frequent this site. Though there are many reasonable forum members, many of our contributers are for height (as tall as possible) no matter the circumstances. In some ways, it is the opposite of NIMBYism. And just as short-sighted.

I dont think people would bitch about it there was actually height already here. In proportion to the city, the height of its buildings is lacking in comparison to probably every other American city. People are probably right to complain about it even though too much emphasis is on that specifically.

Email whom? The obstructionists? So we can waste our time debating evironmental science arcana with a thousand Ned Flahertys? Better to be professional advocates focused on the powers-that-be.

No to the developer showing our support so that it doesn't seem to the developers that everyone is against them.

That is true but I believe that most are fine with whatever height the developers propose. Unlike NIMBYs who always sought to lower the height no matter how to, we normal settle for the height they give us. Unless there is a logical reason that is obviously a fact to why the project needs to be shorten (i.e. proximity to airport, lack of demand, destruction of historic building, unreasonably tall(and I mean unreasonably tall like a 1000ft tower in the middle of a lowrise neighborhood, not what a NIMBY perceives as tall at a area where everything is a skyscraper)) or a factual evidence on unpredictable effects (i.e. does create a strong wind tunnel, does create heavy traffic) and not because of childish reasons (i.e. shadows, blocking views unless if the skyscraper creates a wall that is 5 feet away from a tenant window, "illegal" procedures during the development progress in the case of Columbus Center), then the project should not be shorten or face such a strong opposition. I mean it is fine if some projects are shot down to preserve Boston from becoming like NYC (pollution wise), but NIMBYs complain against every projects.

I really cannot understand this lady's strange perception of living in a city. I used to live in the St. Botolph neighborhood, on the SW Corridor Park. I LOVED the fact that I could see the Hancock building, and part of the Financial District from my first floor condo -- first floor and a skyline view! That is city living.

I agree....I used to live in the symphony area and I used to love walking outside and seeing the pru

When does a basement unit NOT have shadows?

again the boylston square project was shut down at 60 or sofloors. but berkley school of musics 35 floor is also too much../????? thats the type of crap that pisses me of..

What's the status on this building? Has it been approved/financed? Is there any clue when ground will be broken?

I think this is great for the city; this really fills in a gap in the skyline and fulfills a gap in high-end urban living for Copley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back