DCR Parkways Study

I've never actually understood the point of the Leo F. Birmingham Parkway.

It predates SFR (below is 1952). Essentially, I'd put it back to what it was before, with the industry along the river replaced by park.

1623782002002.png

Looks like it was some kind of urban renewal highway. Those were all slaughter houses on that strech.

Knock yourself out :)

I'm not aware of a way to get vector graphics out of a screen snip.
I was referring to the PDF report, with all the unreadably pixellated maps. Like...I know there's a shitload of information being lovingly presented there for consumption, but the map annos are so blurred-out throughout the 270-something pages that they almost look redacted.

I didn't realize the DCR has an ongoing design effort to redesign the Jamaicaway. Its been in the works for years. In the Jamaica Plain news this week some folks post a letter requesting the Jamaicaway and Arborway to remain as parkways. I prefer Alternate 2 that deletes Kelly Circle but retains the rotary at Centre Street as part of the parkway and separates the southbound carriageway completely from through traffic. I assume that neighborhood folks would consider all intersections with traffic control an improvement for pedestrians. Here is the link to the 4 alternatives in design as DCR. parkway-4-schematic-designs

I didn't realize the DCR has an ongoing design effort to redesign the Jamaicaway. Its been in the works for years. In the Jamaica Plain news this week some folks post a letter requesting the Jamaicaway and Arborway to remain as parkways. I prefer Alternate 2 that deletes Kelly Circle but retains the rotary at Centre Street as part of the parkway and separates the southbound carriageway completely from through traffic. I assume that neighborhood folks would consider all intersections with traffic control an improvement for pedestrians. Here is the link to the 4 alternatives in design as DCR. parkway-4-schematic-designs
To be clear this is not a Jamaicaway project it's the Arborway and the preferred alternative has already been selected as this one: https://www.mass.gov/doc/proposed-a...ative-for-83122-stakeholders-meeting/download

There has been two years of public comment already https://www.mass.gov/service-details/arborway-parkways-improvement-project

Back