Death of a neighborhood bar

kmp1284

Reaction score
Yes, another one has bitten the dust. This time, it was my own. At about 6pm this evening I discovered my favorite local bar has closed. The Last Drop is no more. It is under renovation and will be reopened in the coming weeks as the terribly unoriginal Corner Tavern, serving lunch and dinner. Needless to say I can't wait to see how much the new incarnation utterly blows.

Sorry for your loss.

May I suggest Crossroads, on Beacon.

So the Last Drop won't be called the Last Drop anymore? That space is pretty small. What can they really do with it? I liked it, can't say I was crazy about it, maybe because it wasn't my neighborhood and it seemed a little overpriced to my memory, it was usually one of the last stops of the night so I might be wrong.

Is this the bar visible from mass ave downwards?

Holy Hell, Crossroads is still open? That place put the "famous" in infamous for drug related incidents in the 1970s and early 80s. I suppose it has become a haven for all those fraternity pigs along Beacon Street there?

I missed the bar-top Studio 54-style coke parties in the 70's. I frequented the place in the 90's (like 4 nights a week), and still stop by to catch some wings and a ballgame. Food's decent, good beers, and it's the same help as back in the day. The owner's a good guy. The fraternities occasionally hold court upstairs, but they're relatively harmless. If I'm upstairs, I'm throwing darts.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Any idea what's going to happen to the other Last Drop in Oak Square?

Ack -- If the last drop in Oak Square goes under then I'm screwed!

Wow! Crossroads!! :cool:

Damn. Not sure I could step foot in there again. ;)

Always amazed when I read/hear of any place I used to hang that still operates in relatively the same way it did after thirty years. Too often, I am informed, on a regular basis, about what unique Boston institution is fading into history next.

Back