Development Predictions Thread

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
Hey all,
Given the recept spate of approvals, I am curious about archboston'er predictions about these projects going forward. I am going to give some examples of what I mean at the end, and for the sake of impact will only be discussing buildings 400'+. (also since we haven't had one this tall in 10 years)

Currently we are looking at 9 that are approved or U/C
1. CSC 691'
2. Millennium Tower 625' (U/C)
3. Copley Place 625'
4. North Station Tower 600'
5. Congress Street Garage 528'
6. Congress Street Garage 2 480'
7. North Station Office(?) Tower ~450'
8. Nashua Street Residences 420'
9. Trinity Place Hotel 400'

Also on the radar to eclipse 400' are SST, Harbor Garage, One of the Parcels between 12-15 by Mass Ave, and the group of Fidelity buildings.

So basically, I am looking for any predictions that any of you feel comfortable making.
Examples include:
Which tower(s) will break ground this year?
How many (and which) of these 9 approvals will be built?
What is the order that these will be built?
Will any of them be chopped down and/or redesigned?
Any predictions for these (or other) approvals/proposals to come back even bigger?
Which will have the biggest (positive or negative) impact on the skyline?
Which are most likely to be VE'd to something terrible?
etc etc etc

My personal prediction for the order of buildings to break ground/be built (after Millennium) is CSC, then 480' Congress St Garage Tower, then Copley Place Tower. I expect these to all begin in some capacity this year, but none to go vertical until sometime in 2015.

I am also worried that Nashua Street Residences are not going to happen.

Thoughts? Ready... Go!

I am confident at #2, Millennium Tower will break ground this year. :)

#9 Trinity Place Hotel.

Did you forget to include Fenway Center DZH22?

Did you forget to include Fenway Center DZH22?

No, I made my artificial cut-off at 400' since those are the ones most capable of impacting our skyline. (and to commemorate 10 years and counting without a new building that tall)

However, that can be part of the predictions. Also, anybody who has real, relevant information is even more welcome than those just guessing like me!

Optimistically, I think the first 3 buildings in the list will be built as is, and finished by 2017/18, and 7 of 9 will be topped out (if not completed) by 2020. That's still a loooooong way away.

Back