Did Patrick survive NYE?

Indeed I did. i also got engaged. yay someone quick send me a response with abunch of online smiley faces jumping up and down. what a weird thing to share on here, huh? any skyscrapers proposed since ive been gone?

Going to 555 today.

Congrats man. Seems like it was just a matter of time.

555? Aren't we johnny bigtimes now? You can't go wrong there. Best place in town. How was vignola?

Congrats Pat! Are we all invited to the wedding? :p

Wow, Congratulations!

Was it one of those crazy, elaborate proposals involving half the Portland Fire Dept.?

thank you everybody.

Vignola's was ok atmosphere wise, but the food was terrible. We went to Bill's pizza afterward for a few slices.

I wanted to check out 555, but they were not open for llunch, so we checked out Davids in munument square.

That place is awesome.

Very nice atmosphere, but not snobbish.

Good, filling food, without the high prices of a fancy italian joint, and very nice location.

instant favorite of mine now.

and yeah, corey, youre all invited, as long as you bring your laptops so i can check AB for updates on our skyscraper climate.

Oh wait, but if youre all there you wont be able to surf the web for new links and photos...darn! at least one of you has to stay at home. haha.

and smuty- actually i proposed in manchester. yeah, on top of city hall plaza, so I decided to go with the manch fire dept.

No really it was very simple and quick. the best way to go i guess.

Wow, what the hell did you get at Vignola that was so bad? I get the steak and then the cioccolato dessert.

well it was one of those new years specials where you get four courses.

the first course took forever to get there, then there was like 25 minutes in between it and the second course, which was very delicious, but then the entree came, and i ordered lamb, and it was all grissle. the desert was ok. choc covered fruit.

bill came to 75 dollars.

id rather order 5 pizzas for that amount, at least they arive on time and you arent forced to tip 25% by receiving the wrong change.

the tables are also too close together there.

Hey Patrick. You should go check out Jason Spooner at Gritty's tonight
(sat night). Good times. I'm going to your favorite place Vignola, then a drink at Feeneys, then to Gritty's to see the freshest act in town. And he does a ripping acoustic version of Gin N' Juice to end the night. Will be all good in the hood. Look to see if 457 is down from it's hook.

haha, of course it will be off of its hook, 457 is my mug. Sorry man they let me use it when youre not around.

And dont get me wrong, vignola's smokes a lot of restaurants i have been to, especially in terms of romance-appeal for the lady friend, and the atmosphere was very cool. But the service was just off, probably cause it was NYE. The food was ok, but overpriced, but then again thats what you get when you are in the old port i guess, right?

You know where I really like? its called 51 Wharf and it occupies part of the building Headliners used to, next to 'thaid in knots' that import furniture store on wharf. That place is pretty cool, though for some reason i think it is underpopulated many nights because only the regular wharf street a-holes go there lookin for grungy times. its pretty upscale but still hip (hop). nice place. i like davids, my fave restaurant now. The top of the east, UNA, 51 Wharf, Cinque terra/Vignola's etc are all reasons why portland kicks so much ass.

seriously what city in america has game like that with only 64,000 people?

I read yesterday that 45,000 people commute into the city everyday for work. plus 11,000 tourists daily (on average), and then all of the people who come in to visit other people, shop, or simply pass through it on the freeway. the 295 portland stretch handles 80,000 people a day. but even if we dont count any of that traffic, or any of the people who come in to eat or shop from in-state (non tourist mainers) then our daytime population still jumps to 120,000 at the absolute very least. and that is according to official city statistics. pretty decent considering most of them are crammed into the peninsula, which is what, 3 sq miles tops?

Thats why places like Hollis, buxton, limington, keeser falls, etc. all look to be so country-ish and empty....cause all the people are in portland. 45,000 commuters is like emptying the towns of buxton, cape elizabeth and south portland, all men women and children, including infants, just to work in portland. thats a lot of people. we have 65,000 jobs, 20k of them belong to in-city residents. the other 40,000 people in portland are apparently unemployed.

Sounds like someone is preppin themselves and the public for a run at city council. Jill Duson might be stepping down due to being hired by Gov. Ballscratchie, so there you go.

I think you gotta live in the city though, right? Im moving in with my fiance'e out in the distant western burbs (buxton) in two weeks after I start my new job. So...we'll see. maybe after I finish grad school, whenever that will be.

To Buxton?

*note to self, restrain from any easy Buxton, aka buckston, until Pat moves back here*

Actually was out early from work tonight and just walked around. A lot of tourists everywhere looking for places to eat. The first floor of steel is now up at Custom House. Ruby's Burgers on Commercial st. is closed and they are working on something new in there. Una has a new owner and is going for a little bit younger crowd. It is now red in there, the windows are open, and it looks a lot move inviting. Cake restaurant is open on wharf street, zero people were in there. I was embarassed. It's the old Industry. It will fail miserably.

I'm sure Buxton will appreciate your arrival! It's a nice town, or it was back when I lived up there.

nah buxton is not a drwam town, obviously, so dont think i will be offended at any off comments about it. Im really just moving in with my new fiance'e and her parents, who have a giant house and offered me free room and board so we can save money for a wedding :wink:

My prediction is that Buxton, being located ideally between saco-biddeford and portland will be THE suburb of the future. you should see all of the mc-mansions springing up on its borders, its really amazing.

cake will fail as fast as right propper charlies did. we need an industry there. for the kids.

Patrick said:
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=colestowerdormitories-brunswick-me-usa

Nevermind pregnancy or marriage bro. Go to law school. You can still start second semester now.

That's the best advice anyone could ever give you. And I don't even know you.

yeah I know what you mean, but my situation is somewhat different. I am engaged to the same girl I have been with since I was 12 years old, and she totally supports me going to law school. in fact, she is the reason I went to college, and now that i withdrew from law school, she is the motivation for me to go back. I'd kinda be a nobody if it wasn't for her. But I know what you mean. However i dont think its possible to start second semester at Maine Law, because the spring semester builds on the Fall. I just got a pretty good job at an insurance company, and it should suit me quite well until the Fall of '07. I appreciate the advice, though.

Back