Dirty Old Boston

Brilliant group, endlessly entertaining and informative.

Yep, you'll see me there from time to time.

Haha, yep! Believe I've seen Beton Brut make some comments as well.

Definitely seen some people from RailRoad.net commenting as well.

The place is an absolute gold mine!

It's a wonderful site, but the sheer amount of posts they create is overwhelming. I had to hide them from my news feed because it was completely overrun by DOB photos, and as a result I'd completely forgotten about it until now. Mind you this isn't a criticism of the quality of their content (although some of the photos are curiously small)...rather I just wish they'd ease off a teeny tiny bit.

....and off in the distance I can hear someone screaming at me "FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!"

I've left them on my feed simply because everything else people have to say/post is mind-numbing.

This popped up on their Facebook feed today.

lions_zps2116df86.jpg

Yes, good question - why is the lion across the street from the library. (And, the view here is on Boylston, I believe, with the Copley Green Line station across the street.)

There were originally in front of the Hotel Kensington, at the corner of Exeter and Boylston where One Exeter Plaza is now.

D'oh. I was thinking they were but I mean, the lions in the photo above are like concrete whereas the BPL's are ... marble?

Definitely agree with the torrent of DOB posts. Heaven help you if you make a comment on a picture, you will be getting FB notifications all day as every picture seems to get 50 comments.

It's a wonderful site, but the sheer amount of posts they create is overwhelming. I had to hide them from my news feed because it was completely overrun by DOB photos, and as a result I'd completely forgotten about it until now. Mind you this isn't a criticism of the quality of their content (although some of the photos are curiously small)...rather I just wish they'd ease off a teeny tiny bit.

....and off in the distance I can hear someone screaming at me "FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!"

You want to talk about Dirty Ol'e Boston go through Google maps and take a look at what the Theater District over by the W Residences looked like just 3 years ago. Yuck. Imagine that without Archstone as well, completely different area of the city.

Definitely agree with the torrent of DOB posts. Heaven help you if you make a comment on a picture, you will be getting FB notifications all day as every picture seems to get 50 comments.

Is there no "Unfollow Post" button after you comment?

Back