Downtown Crossing | Discussion

DBM

Reaction score
It might be better to try and turn DTX into more of an entertainment area with bars, clubs and restaurants. You'd have more people at different times of the day.
Here are some bars, clubs, and restaurants within 300 yards (3 minute walk) of the intersection of Summer & Winter.

I know, kind of a skimpy list, only 36 within an area that's about 1/10th of a square mile. Hopefully we get a lot more soon to get some real density!

Artisan Bistro
49 Social
Back Deck
Barracuda Tavern
Beantown Pub
Better Sorts
Boston Chops
Democracy Brewing
Elephant & Castle
Explorateur
Fajitas & 'Ritas
Good Life
Haley.Henry Wine Bar
Hub Pub
JM Curley
Kingston Cuts
LX Legal Crossing
Marliave
MAST
Mercato
Merchant
Oceanaire
Pabu
Papagayo
Parker's
RUKA
Ruth's Chris
Scholars
Serafina
Sidebar
Silvertone
SIP Wine Bar
Stoddard's
Taste Wine Bar
Teatro
Yvonne's

Last edited:

curcuas

Reaction score
What hampers DTX is the inability to build dense, modern buildings on many sites like One Bromfield and the Lafayette City Center. I do not see a reason why DTX should be "planned" - it's on top of the central subway node of the region and clearly attracts enormous office and restaurant demand, if less shopping than before. Let people build and let DTX enjoy the boom seen in the Seaport, in the Financial District, in Kendall, etc.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Retail will never come back to DTX in a big way. Even suburban malls are struggling from the rise of online shopping. DTX needs other attractors besides shopping.
I've always thought it would make for a good dining and entertainment district, with small amounts of heritage retail left in the mix.

Massachoicetts

Reaction score
I think a good next step is how can 'we' make that happen? How can we either help convince the city or developers? It would be a perfect area for entertainment and dining but we need a push for it to take off.

meddlepal

Reaction score
I think a good next step is how can 'we' make that happen? How can we either help convince the city or developers? It would be a perfect area for entertainment and dining but we need a push for it to take off.
Step 1: Fix Massachusett's liquor licensing laws so a liquor license isn't 500K+
Step 2: Fix the commercial rent situation