Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

I'll counter that assertion by pointing out that the built environment of a metro area is directly shaped by innumerable factors other than politics and crime, such as the price of construction materials, but this board finds it possible to not discuss whether the price of steel or concrete will go up or down and how that will affect construction projects in Boston.

Anyway, I apologize for upsetting you, it was unintentional. I'm 61 and accustomed to old-style impersonal no-holds barred debate, and I keep forgetting that we now live in the age of microaggressions and trigger warnings. It's a whole different mindset as to what's allowable in a debate, but I'm afraid I'm too old to change my ways.
iI also apologize if I upset anyone in my earlier posts on this thread. Sometimes I say stupid things, and wish I hadn't. :)

When will BronsonShore apologize?

I do think it's a (or 'the'?) problem with contemporary American society that a rising cohort of like-minded people make radical, aggressive statements to politicize everything in life (and to do so, of course, in their preferred political direction). When they are called out or challenged they immediately demand others apologize for having a different opinion. It should be called out as contemptible whenever it rears its head (which is essentially 24/7 now, alas).

State street getting a new sign:

one-lincolnnew-sign-photo.jpg

I cant read the article so idk what the trees are about.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...?cx_testId=39&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0

I cant read the article so idk what the trees are about.

Just a new tradition in architectural rendering. Trees are de rigueur as symbols of environmental awareness or fighting global warming or sustainability or whatever. The end product very likely won't have any, and even if it does, it won't be long before they're gone. Just like the wind turbines at 888 Boylston.

Back