Downtown/Financial district infill and small developments

Expect Inflation to continue to rise for the working peasants of Mass and start making them angry when they realize Rents, Taxes, Food, Gas will continue to rise.

Is Rents, Taxes, Food, Gas the name of an up-and-coming Boston hardcore band? Double bass over a 6/8 did make a lot of Middle East peasants angry back in the day, so I'm not surprised.

Is Rents, Taxes, Food, Gas the name of an up-and-coming Boston hardcore band? Double bass over a 6/8 did make a lot of Middle East peasants angry back in the day, so I'm not surprised.
All but the most adventurous hardcore -- actual "hardcore" and not math or post-hardcore or art punk etc etc etc. -- is pretty exclusively 4/4. There's plenty of cut-time in the breakdowns, but that's not a time signature change.

Agree it wouldn't be a terrible name for a first band, though. Clever post!

All but the most adventurous hardcore -- actual "hardcore" and not math or post-hardcore or art punk etc etc etc. -- is pretty exclusively 4/4. There's plenty of cut-time in the breakdowns, but that's not a time signature change.

I dunno though, I could also see Rent, Taxes, Food, and Gas being something like an Animals as Leaders song rather than a band of its own ;)

To be fair, I was more of a Pioneer Valley / Worcester Palladium metalcore guy. Killswitch and all. The Middle East was a real trip from Umass just to get shit on by aggro BU kids from New Jersey.

To be fair, I was more of a Pioneer Valley / Worcester Palladium metalcore guy. Killswitch and all. The Middle East was a real trip from Umass just to get shit on by aggro BU kids from New Jersey.
For that crowd, the proposed name is WAY too literate (I kid!).

Last edited:

The Chiofaro Company Begins Phase II of $100 Million Investment in Boston’s Downtown Boston Waterfront​

1719585075860.jpeg

“The Chiofaro Company is pleased to announce the commencement of Phase II of the $100 million reinvestment and reimagination of International Place – a 1.8M SF iconic office destination in Boston….”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/the-chi...stment-in-boston-s-downtown-boston-waterfront

Phase II is a reinvestment? All these large office properties built prior to 2000, and especially sports stadiums and arenas (TD Garden, $100 million additional two years ago), all need to be reimagined for relevance for public socializing and food and drink offerings. It's not just about work or the game anymore.

Does this mean the Palms is going away…? Seems like such a dated restaurant on such a visible intersection

Does this mean the Palms is going away…? Seems like such a dated restaurant on such a visible intersection
The corner shown in that render is not where The Palm is located. That view, I believe, is at High St. and Oliver St. The Palm is at Oliver St. and Purchase St. Not saying your wrong re: whether The Palm location is/isn't being redeveloped, but it didn't seem like there was any info in the press release one way or the other.

From this morning, Fenced work area is on High St/Oliver side of International Two. Nothing going on on the Palm location.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3090.JPG
    IMG_3090.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 38

Back