Downtown Plainville

Shawmut

Reaction score
Some major development news for Plainville as Jeff Kinney has purchased a major portion of the downtown in plans to redevelop the area. More can be found at: https://plainvillesquare.com/
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg

I am curious to see how this comes out. It's great that Plainville has someone like Jeff who is willing to put so much towards the community.

I was hopeful when I read the sun yesterday, but a little underwhelmed after seeing the result. Still—credit to Jeff for an unlikely story and building off that vision.

Given where this is located about halfway between the Emerald Square and Wrentham Outlets shopping areas, I do not think a big scale development was likely. This seems to fit in well with what Wimpy Kid series author Kinney has already done with his Unlikley Story bookstore. I can remember when that was for a long time the former Falk's sitting there empty is a deteriorating state. Plainville has done well to create a town center along this stretch of Rte 1A with its library/town hall/police fire complex.

Back