Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

The no public transport argument is based off the silver line and the fort point channel causing it to look like South Station is further away than it really is. Plus its still a pretty barren walk from South Station at the moment. In reality South Station is pretty close by. Hell its like half the distance from seaport sq. that I have to walk to get home, and my walk isnt bad at all. My walk doesnt feel bad because the neighborhood is built up. When Seaport Square is built up thats an extremely short walk to South Station. It wont seem so bad when that side of the Seaport is built up. Also Fort Point just creates the illusion that its disconnected. Look on google maps at the distance from South Station, one of our major transit hubs, to the Seaport, its shorter than you think and comparable to many other walks people have to take from transit. It would be nice if the silver line is converted and track 51, but in reality SS is a very short walk.

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

i want to be able to post the date on my calendar when the Globe's

associated Seaport insulters & nimby's will have egg on their face/s.

Hahaha, I wish there was an exact date. Id say when Seaport Sq wraps up a lot of these other projects should be done like pier 4 and fan pier so around then would probably be the time lol.

5 cranes in a nice cluster
VHFpvRWr.jpg

For anyone keeping track, I believe that the first signs of steel rising above ground level from any of the three cores was only back in the beginning of June (perhaps late May). Either way, the progress is great to see.

File under things we always say on every thread all the time:

Steel erection goes very very fast. Always. Things will really slow down after they top off ... and then once again after the skin is closed and interior fit out begins.

cca

File under things we always say on every thread all the time:

Steel erection goes very very fast. Always. Things will really slow down after they top off ... and then once again after the skin is closed and interior fit out begins.

cca

Agree, steel is always quick, especially this time of year. Nice to see the facade going on already in the northwest corner, this will be buttoned up in no time.

cca, you da best. Love your posts. Just sayin.

Agree, steel is always quick, especially this time of year. Nice to see the facade going on already in the northwest corner, this will be buttoned up in no time.

The construction team installing the beginning of the facade looked very perplexed the other day. Things weren't lining up (at least it appeared) - kind of funny to watch.

Eh, the renders made the facade look like it had more of a stone-finish. This looks really synthetic. Will still of course hold judgement until its complete

Your losing the view of downtown, but having more density will be better for the neighborhood. Youll get the view from the corridors now which is how it should be. Going to “feel” much more like a neighborhood when your more enclosed within vs how airy it is.

Your losing the view of downtown, but having more density will be better for the neighborhood. Youll get the view from the corridors now which is how it should be. Going to “feel” much more like a neighborhood when your more enclosed within vs how airy it is.

I strongly agree with both of these statements. It still hurts to lose such a killer view of downtown, basically in its entirety. The price of progress.

Back