Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

I think the Seaport has objectively failed from a climate change/sea level rise aspect, and that should not be discounted in all of this.

I disagree.

The Seaport has prioritized resilience and adaptive building design. Like the Spaulding Rehab Hospital that opened 6 years ago in Charlestown, much of the coastal development in Boston the last decade has elevated entrances, moved mechanical fixtures high above ground/atop buildings (as oppose to traditionally below ground), and improved landscape architecture along the waterfront with natural plant species that can aid with water absorption during heavy rain/flooding events. The below-ground parking garages are apparently double-protected (double tubbed?) to prevent water intrusion/flooding during king tide events. The net square footage of green roofs, rooftop gardens, park space, and other natural features added as part of the new development is far greater than what previously existed in the neighborhood.

I walked down Pier 4 and Fort Point Channel recently and was pleased to see non-invasive plant species planted along the water to aid with some of these climate action goals. And it looks like the new Pier 4 park will reintroduce coastal wetlands to aid even further (not to mention restoring bird and fish habitat).

The neighborhood is still very young, even comparatively to the Rose Kennedy Greenway. I look at the tree canopy along the Greenway awestruck as it was only 12 years ago I remember first walking it when cute little sticks of trees were planted. The tree canopy throughout the Seaport streets and parks will grow just as impressively in time based on what's been planted already.

It's not perfect; however, it is not a failure, either.

Thanks BKNA. I look forward to sharing the field of battle we call arch boston with you. I will defend my neighborhood with the same blind dedication that every millennial who stands in the hour long line outside of Cisco pop embodies.

Oh, the aB left wingers' anger will boil over for your defiance....

The seaport is wild and not necessarily in a good way. I'm a little biased but I'd rather buy a beautiful 1 bed in a brownstone in the south end for 900k before I lived in that fake neighborhood they call the seaport

Nobody's parking their Ferrari F-12's in the South End mac.
The leftist Bolshevik's would set fire to them. Hey look,
They didn't even need wrecking balls to create Boston's new fake neighborhood.
The Philistines came gentrifying the vacant lots! But, the "1%" screed persists to this day. :)

Last edited:
Oh, the aB left wingers' anger will boil over for your defiance....

Nobody's parking their Ferrari F-12's in the South End mac.
The leftist Bolshevik's would set fire to them. Hey look,
They didn't even need wrecking balls to create Boston's new fake neighborhood.
The Philistines came gentrifying the vacant lots! But, the "1%" screed persists to this day. :)

I wonder if you actually have money or just wish you had money... I'm betting on the latter

I wonder if you actually have money or just wish you had money... I'm betting on the latter

It's a fake neighborhood though, suffolk! odurandina has STACKS of orange $500 bills and they're legal tender in this fantasy land we call seaport!! Come round suffolk!

Nothing groundbreaking but these are quite nice. I enjoy the palette, textures, angles, corners and variations it makes it interesting and refreshing in the seaport. Also I don't think it oversteps

Now comes the long wait before we get a better sense of what the ground floor activation looks like..

Now comes the long wait before we get a better sense of what the ground floor activation looks like..

Or we can watch this video and then patiently wait until it comes to fruition.

https://youtu.be/gc1IoZxQApI

Parcel M is at 6:22 but make sure ppl get a look at Seaport sq first. Boston is all about its squares, seaport sq is going to be the focal point of the entire neighborhood and its not built yet. The reason it doesnt feel like its a Boston neighborhood yet is because its a Boston neighborhood that doesnt have its square. Kenmore, Copley, Harvard, PO, Winthrop... I know it feels like it should “be happening” by now, which parcel m is a step on the way there, but we still got a bit to go. Thats just life, its gonna be worth it. Something about Rome.. in a day and all that...

Last edited:
"Originally Posted by DAVE
I think the Seaport has objectively failed from a climate change/sea level rise aspect, and that should not be discounted in all of this"

Dave -- do you know what kind of Sea Level rise that we are talking about -- it a few mm / year -- as it has been for quite a while -- no objective evidence to the contrary

Now given that Boston Tidal range averages about 3000 mm / day -- you just have to wait a few hours and if you don't make artificial ponds -- Gravity will take care of the water sitting on the land

https://echelonseaport.com/lifestyl...m_campaign=april_2019&utm_content=living_room

Not sure Echelon's website had been posted but, if not, here it is. We all knew Echelon was going to be high end, and high end it's gonna be. My hope for this property (pretty sure the condo sales and apartment rentals will be great), which I love, is that the courtyard and ground floor retail/restaurants are successful and add to the ambiance and urban feel of the Seaport.

I'd say i nicely fills in this part of the Seaport:

obJ4xZJ.jpg

eGGp2Hk.jpg

mS3z1z4.jpg

I'm betting you'd be very surprised if you knew who some of us are and how much money we have.

Odurandina's idea of what the wealthy do with their money is very much a poor man's idea of what the wealthy do with their money. I'm also pretty sure if he has money he spends it all on blow and then comes on here, explaining his sometimes bizarre rants and height fetishism.

DowntownDave - beautiful photos across a few threads.

Back