Essex Landing | 1565 Broadway | Saugus

A lot of telephone poles everywhere. At what point to cities and towns in the Boston metro start burying all of the lines?

A lot of telephone poles everywhere. At what point to cities and towns in the Boston metro start burying all of the lines?

The costs to ratepayers make it pretty unattractive even though it's aesthetically more pleasing and better for long-term maintenance. I'd love it if utility companies did this more.

What’s worse is the 2-year moratorium on new apartment buildings. Not like we have a housing crisis and haven’t known about it for the past 30+ years.

It's so "Emerging Markets" (trying not to use the old term).

Maybe the developer/landlord can kick in some of the funding, since it couldn't hurt the rent rates........

B8A26C72-44E9-4A5D-8262-CE2BBDB99A80.jpeg

This is like the worst marriage of Soviet towers in a park with suburban US shopping center blah

Reactions: W-4
I agree, folks, but it ain't KENMORE SQUARE.

I mean, it's FREAKING SAUGUS. Maybe in 2065, when Biotech City has metastasized 25 miles in every direction, we can debate about the "architectural ambiance".

Until then, this is far better than a Taco Bell.

seriously, this place is in between a highway and a quarry, this is the place where we should say, build as much housing for as cheap as possible because that's what the boston area needs right now, no one will take a second look at these driving down rt 1

The orange dinosaur is still there, watching over things. Hah!! It's has become a landmark like the Citco sign at Kenmore Sq..

Back