Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

And long before that, they were Boston's lone, high-end whale skeleton boutique!

Louis-Boston_002__1262817786_8155.jpg

^Yes!

The Louis Boston building was built as the home of the Boston Society of Natural History, architect William Preston.

I understand that it has been retail for a long time - I just don't think that's the best use. Then again, I've never been inside, only seen pictures and read descriptions. Something about the exterior seems very club-like, however. Probably that set-back and driveway. Perhaps the Boston Yacht Club in Marblehead should do something akin to the New York Yacht Club - one clubhouse in NYC, one in Newport. Then again, BYC probably wouldn't be the best fit for an elite club. The Corinthian, Eastern, Eastern Point, or maybe even Annisquam would be a better fit.

^^There is more to life than boats young Kennedy.

I do like the idea of a restaurant/night club in that space though. Not sure that NABB would agree.

I do like the idea of a restaurant/night club in that space though. Not sure that NABB would agree.

Night club sounds too much like a guido hangout. Where's Barbara Lynch when you need her?

Fan Pier may get apartments
Developer eyes 12-story tower
By Thomas Grillo
Thursday, April 29, 2010 - Updated 5h ago
+ Recent Articles

E-mail Print (1) Comments Text size Share Buzz up!The developer of Fan Pier said the credit markets are loosening up and the next phase of the stalled project could be three years away.

?Up until now, no one has wanted to talk about lending, but activity has picked up,? said Joseph Fallon, the Fallon Co.?s president and chief executive and developer of the $3 billion waterfront project.

In an interview following a NAIOP trade group forum about retail?s future on the waterfront, Fallon said he is talking with lenders about construction of a 12-story apartment tower. If he can secure the cash, the building would launch the next phase of Fan Pier, which has approval for seven more buildings to complete the three million combined square feet of residential, commercial and retail space. The law firm Fish & Richardson is planning to move into 125,000 square feet of space at One Marina Park Drive, the project?s first office building, but Fallon is seeking tenants for the rest of the 18-story tower.

While construction of a hotel for Fan Pier is a long way off, he said the rental market is ?hot? and the need for new condominiums downtown is ?not that far away.?

?There?s lots of absorption that has to happen first,? Fallon said, referring to unsold units at 45 Province, the Clarendon, Battery Wharf and the W Hotel and Residences, whose developer declared bankruptcy yesterday. ?I?m projecting that will happen in three years and the signals today are very positive.?

George Fantini, chairman of Fantini & Gorga, a real estate financing firm in Boston, said while it?s true that banks and insurance companies are lending, the money is going to refinance existing buildings that are fully leased.

?There?s been a sea change in the last six months with regard to the desire of lenders to refinance loans,? he said. ?But money for new construction is not there yet.?

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1250917

^^There is more to life than boats young Kennedy.

Totally agree, there was a similar building to this that I went to when in Vienna and it was a concert hall/nightclub/bar, and everyone looked like they were having a good time.

Fan Pier may get apartments
Developer eyes 12-story tower

By Thomas Grillo | Thursday, April 29, 2010 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Real Estate

The developer of Fan Pier said the credit markets are loosening up and the next phase of the stalled project could be three years away.

?Up until now, no one has wanted to talk about lending, but activity has picked up,? said Joseph Fallon, the Fallon Co.?s president and chief executive and developer of the $3 billion waterfront project.

In an interview following a NAIOP trade group forum about retail?s future on the waterfront, Fallon said he is talking with lenders about construction of a 12-story apartment tower. If he can secure the cash, the building would launch the next phase of Fan Pier, which has approval for seven more buildings to complete the three million combined square feet of residential, commercial and retail space. The law firm Fish & Richardson is planning to move into 125,000 square feet of space at One Marina Park Drive, the project?s first office building, but Fallon is seeking tenants for the rest of the 18-story tower.

While construction of a hotel for Fan Pier is a long way off, he said the rental market is ?hot? and the need for new condominiums downtown is ?not that far away.?

?There?s lots of absorption that has to happen first,? Fallon said, referring to unsold units at 45 Province, the Clarendon, Battery Wharf and the W Hotel and Residences, whose developer declared bankruptcy yesterday. ?I?m projecting that will happen in three years and the signals today are very positive.?

George Fantini, chairman of Fantini & Gorga, a real estate financing firm in Boston, said while it?s true that banks and insurance companies are lending, the money is going to refinance existing buildings that are fully leased.

?There?s been a sea change in the last six months with regard to the desire of lenders to refinance loans,? he said. ?But money for new construction is not there yet.?

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1250917

Isn't there enough 12 storey apartment buildings in Quincy? I don't remember anything in the rendering looking that small. I don't want all the buildings the same height, but the renderings showed the residential buildings to be only somewhat shorter than the office. Probably meaning they were also projected to be about 18 storeys (with reduced floor to floor heights.)

Maybe design 12 storeys expandable to 18 or 20? Just seems small in an area where height is limited for a reason already, why go smaller?

07sqft.large2.jpg

I assume it is going to be one of the smallest ones right in front on the water. These rendered buildings look even worse than one fan pier.

LOL!^

More than a few of the cabs i have taken recently have featured that image on their credit card tv thing.

So, clockwise from top left, we've got One Maria Park Drive at Rt. 128, Alucoboring Place, Generic Placeholder #1, The Residences at Precast Cove, Burger King and Generic Placeholder #2?

I wonder how Steven Holl's Linked Hybrid would have looked here. The scale seems equivalent, and at least there'd be some imagination to offset the ugly.

Why does there have to be a park next to One Marina Park Drive when there is all that green space along the water? Why is there a park between every building down by the Seaport Hotel, then a park across the street from another park? Why are there so many parks?!

Why does there have to be a park next to One Marina Park Drive when there is all that green space along the water? Why is there a park between every building down by the Seaport Hotel, then a park across the street from another park? Why are there so many parks?!

To save on editing the areas advertising. "South Boston Waterfront, a great place to park." easily becomes "South Boston Waterfront, a great place of parks."

Or do give me an outlet for bad jokes....

Back