Federal Government - 2021

Anyone can add quotes to Goodreads. Here’s another article on the quote and its use and questionable attribution by those on the right.

Rep. Ilhan Omar Introduces Rent and Mortgage Cancellation Act

Critically, the legislation will establish a relief fund for landlords and mortgage holders to cover losses from the cancelled payments. It will also create an optional buyout fund to fully finance the purchase of private rental properties by non-profits, public housing authorities, cooperatives, community land trusts, and states or local governments—in order to increase the availability of affordable housing during this downturn.

The Govt is going to create a fund with our tax dollars to buy our rental properties so families can live their rent free for a year? Sounds like a bill to confiscate rental properties then force the sale only for the landlord to pay more taxes.

Last edited:
1. This won't pass.
2. The ARP already extends the moratorium.

Better use of taxpayer money than this..

Pretty wild to see conservatives get bent out of shape about the 1.9trillion stimulus package when we spend 1.4trillion on our military every 2 years during peacetime (per the numbers in that article).

Last edited:
Also pretty wild that a conservative gets bent over the government "confiscating rental properties" while the wealthy gets a huge tax cuts that allows them to buy back/up stocks, real estate, etc while the working class that these conservatives "champion", in their view, don't even deserve a $1,400 stimulus that would barely cover one month worth of rent for a family. Not surprisingly, the $1.9 trillion stimulus received bipartisan voter support. The only ones complaining are the out of touch opposition party which at least I give them credit for consistently voting against the interest of the people in this country.

Also pretty wild that a conservative gets bent over the government "confiscating rental properties" while the wealthy gets a huge tax cuts that allows them to buy back/up stocks, real estate, etc while the working class that these conservatives "champion", in their view, don't even deserve a $1,400 stimulus that would barely cover one month worth of rent for a family. Not surprisingly, the $1.9 trillion stimulus received bipartisan voter support. The only ones complaining are the out of touch opposition party which at least I give them credit for consistently voting against the interest of the people in this country.

I'm assuming you missed the bitcoin run. If the Fed keeps printing and Washington keeps spending Bitcoin will continue to rise. I'm sure the Govt will start taxing the poor people that jumped into Bitcoin in 2018 and claiming its for drug dealers or something else. Just remember Bitcoin was under $1.00 back in the day.

I'm assuming you missed the bitcoin run. If the Fed keeps printing and Washington keeps spending Bitcoin will continue to rise. I'm sure the Govt will start taxing the poor people that jumped into Bitcoin in 2018 and claiming its for drug dealers or something else. Just remember Bitcoin was under $1.00 back in the day.

Most people still don't know what Bitcoin is. It's a niche market.

Most people still don't know what Bitcoin is. It's a niche market.

Per my understanding, it’s a way of flexing that one has a powerful computer and for some reason people have assigned it a monetary value. Like if there were a group who gave 5 jumping jack points to everyone who could do 5000 jumping jacks in one go, and you could redeem jumping jack points for cash.

In any case, Dogecoin is the new Bitcoin, Johnny. Better start investing!

Last edited:
Warning: Personal Attack
You're really dumb since cryptocurrency are already taxed if you make gains on it like every other investments such as FX trading. And you do realize investments aren't restricted to one country right? I can assure you a large proportion of bitcoin investors are not US investors and as such those driving up bitcoin prices isn't from the stimulus.

Lol. So simultaneously you're arguing that Bitcoin is taking down the dollar but also that the vast majority of people who own no Bitcoins are suckers for not investing in Bitcoin. Bye.
He's clearly arguing for the sake of arguing. Like I said, his type is to be in perpetual opposition, whether the majority people support a bill, movement, etc or not

You're really dumb since cryptocurrency are already taxed if you make gains on it like every other investments such as FX trading. And you do realize investments aren't restricted to one country right? I can assure you a large proportion of bitcoin investors are not US investors and as such those driving up bitcoin prices isn't from the stimulus.

I know I'm really dumb. Stop reading my posts.

Cool it down folks. Johnny, the hyperfocus on the impending collapse of the American economy due to sovereign debt is verging on trolling behavior. People have been saying this for decades. It's tired.

Last edited:
^this article and commentary is ironically why the election came so close and why the democratic party is currently hanging on by a thread. We're sure in for a reckoning in ~4 years if we don't learn our lesson. Also really helps backing up the conservative talking point that the democratic party is heavily elitist when we have the NYT comparing how nice looking voters' neighborhoods are...

I'm of the opinion that when the ongoing revolution reaches its climax a lot of elitist NYT readers from swanky burbs are going to be surprised to find themselves on the same side of the firing line as the deplorables from trailer parks. I suppose it's evil of me, but I'd really love to see the looks on their faces when their true situation finally dawns on them.

What's wrong with Green Stimulus money now?

Biden's Lesson From Past Green Stimulus Failures: Go Even Bigger
Biden's Lesson From Past Green Stimulus Failures: Go Even Bigger

Back