Fenway Corners (Red Sox) | 1 Jersey Street | Fenway

It's just a formality required by code, some of the things they post are pretty comical, my personal favorite is this one:
I think Martin Moone may object. I mean, where else will he keep his pet donkey Donkey Kong? (If you haven't seen that show, I highly recommend it. It is as rewatchable as Arrested Development (OS) or 30 Rock. I've watched the whole series at least six times (three seasons of six 23 minute (+/-) episodes. It streams on Hulu and Prime).

Looks really good, they've hit a grand slam with this proposal. I was saddened, though, by the use of images showing Deli Haus and the Rat for the "iconic and intimate anchors" depiction. No matter how good the project, we can't just will the return of such places to Kenmore/Fenway, and the wounds are still deep.

I think I’m most interested in what this buildings purpose and killer views will be
4C1B6FA4-CA1E-4FDE-A162-B4FF69A7310B.jpeg

I assume there will be some lease covenant about not being occupied during games. Got to protect the broadcast revenue…

If that building really towers over the Monster as much as the render indicates, then the CITGO sign won't be visible from the ballpark.

And aside from the merits of the CITGO sign itself, that's really going to look weird, a completely random lab building just dominating the park like that.

This proposal has a better street life and blends in better to the existing neighborhood than any proposal with a bunch of mid rise offices Ive ever seen. They really designed this the right way! It does an extremely good job of incorporating existing elements and also incorporating materials that mate extremely well with the existing neighborhood.

Ground level really keeps the feel of the “right outside of fenway” vibe, while modernizing extensively. Id love to see more developments tailor their materials toward the local built environment like this. Then maybe we can get back to different places looking and feeling different vs the more anywhere usa design language of late. This is a home run.

If that building really towers over the Monster as much as the render indicates, then the CITGO sign won't be visible from the ballpark.

And aside from the merits of the CITGO sign itself, that's really going to look weird, a completely random lab building just dominating the park like that.

They have to be adding signage although that's not mentioned.

Lots of smashed windows in that lab space

Great fodder for a Boston-themed super hero movie. A Fenway home run ball smashes through a lab window where some lonely Harvard doctoral student is working by himself late on a Friday night instead on being a date or hanging with friends. The ball knocks over a vial of some secret experimental chemical which explodes upon impact releasing a gas that renders the student unconscious. When he awakes, he finds he has the the power to slow things to a crawl, derail the plans of bad guys, and delay and frustrate villians intent on destruction. He is... T-Man, Conductor of Destiny.

Didn't the Red Sox at some point have a proposal to deck over that section of the pike for more development ?

They've mentioned that it could be coming in a future phase, and the building is provisioned for it (the concourse in the middle of the building is at the level of a future deck to provide pedestrian access from Lansdowne).

Got a little shorter

We cashed in all our chips for Millennium Tower and 1 Dalton, and since then it seems everything around here has been doomed to lose height on revision. Perhaps the curse is just for Boston though, as the MXD residential in Cambridge will be the next to buck the trend.

Back