Fenway Garden

Lurker

Reaction score
Interesting proposal by C.H. Blackhall of theater design & BAC founding fame. I think this is where Fenway Park is now located, based on the overall shape. Quite the horse race track methinks, probably could have made a decent football stadium if it was large enough as well.

Quite tempted to buy these originals. Some of the detail plates give one a good idea of what architectural drawings used to look like prior till academically fascist modernists, litigious bastards, and meglomaniacs submarined the profession.
http://www.booktown.com/stcroixprints/bostonma.php

Responding to Ron below: For some reason ImageShack sticks those silly survey tags below images.

Last edited:
Cool design, too bad this didn't get built. I don't understand your photo caption, though ('Do fish get thirsty?')

Cool design, too bad this didn't get built. I don't understand your photo caption, though ('Do fish get thirsty?')

It's 'advertising' for some damn site that takes all your information and signs you up for junk mail... it comes with the html Image Shack gives you to post on message boards.

Back