Flickr Finds & Social Media Pics

There's something fascinating to me about the Longwood area. It is its own little hive of activity and urbanity somewhat removed from the rest of the city. It's very cool, and yet, you never really want to have a reason to go there.

^ I worked for a prominent LMA institution for almost 15 years and I don't miss it at all, the commute in particular. True, it's grown at an unprecedented level, to the scale of a small city's urban core, but after 6PM, it's a joyless ghost-town.

The shot above was taken about 200' above DFCI's Yawkey Center; a shame they didn't pan down to show the building's green roofs.

There's something fascinating to me about the Longwood area. It is its own little hive of activity and urbanity somewhat removed from the rest of the city. It's very cool, and yet, you never really want to have a reason to go there.

Yeah - and between the share district utilities, gerbil tubes, underground connections, layered addition & renovations etc. it's approaching beehive / macro-structure status...

Yeah - and between the share district utilities, gerbil tubes, underground connections, layered addition & renovations etc. it's approaching beehive / macro-structure status...

Yeah, and the helipads too! One could fly directly into LMA from out of town and traverse several city blocks without ever stepping foot outside.

Also, it seems a little reckless to me to be flying a drone pretty much directly between two adjacent hospital helipads.

There's a lot to be said for urban grit. The nice, new sanitized Boston is great, but it lacks that film-noir ambience it had back then.

Back