Foundation Medicine (Parcel P) | 400 Summer Street | Seaport

Signage is up, interior looking like it’s coming along too.

IMG_0967.jpeg

Doesnt look like a reflection, looks like youre seeing the sign through the unfinished mech screen of the amazon tower.

Is there also no handicap accessible option included there? I kind of just assumed there would be a handicap accessible ramp traversing from one side to the other in a diagonal-downward fashion that bikes could also use (same design concept utilized inside the "great hall" in the new Winthrop Center).

There's a public access elevator inside 400 Summer to get from Congress to Summer or vice-versa. I haven't seen it but there are signs on the windows directing people to call a number to get access since the building isn't completed yet. I believe it's required to be open to the public year round, and maybe around the clock.

As for bikes, I think there are ramp structures built into the edge of the staircase to allow for walking a bike up and down. Dismount is still required but ideally one wouldn't have to carry the bike.

Last edited:
There's a public access elevator inside 450 Summer to get from Congress to Summer or vice-versa. I haven't seen it but there are signs on the windows directing people to call a number to get access since the building is completed yet. I believe it's required to be open to the public year round, and maybe around the clock.

As for bikes, I think there are ramp structures built into the edge of the staircase to allow for walking a bike up and down. Dismount is still required but ideally one wouldn't have to carry the bike.
Thanks!

That's what I figured would be the bike accommodation, but even if there were full ramps, if these stairs and promenade get anywhere near the utilization pictured in the renders, I would likely dismount anyway, because such switchback ramps with pedestrians and assistive mobility users don't make for a very safe biking environment.

Back