Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Thanks Beeline,

It's one of the best spots in the City for sure.

Did the core jump like, 2 levels?

Stupid question: is the thin black structure in the dead middle of Dalton's core the antennae that we've been waiting to see? Seemed to tall to be for mechanical equipment, but I'm quite the neophyte urban architecture enthusiast. Thanks!

Stupid question: is the thin black structure in the dead middle of Dalton's core the antennae that we've been waiting to see? Seemed to tall to be for mechanical equipment, but I'm quite the neophyte urban architecture enthusiast. Thanks!

That's an articulating boom for the concrete pump. That's how they pour the concrete for each floor.

That's an articulating boom for the concrete pump. That's how they pour the concrete for each floor.

Do they run the line up the center of the building? Amazes me they are able to pump concrete up that high.

This is what I love about pictures contrasted with renders. The renders show certain angles that you'll be able to see but also allow you to imagine what else your going to be able to see and how the city will change. Once the tower is built when you go around the city you end up finding all these new sight lines the tower has created that you didn't even know you would be able to see or views you didn't know would be changed. Its always cool when you come around a corner or something and see a new tower looming at the end of the street that wasn't there before. All kinds of different views around the city change with each new building, especially if its a significant tower. Its pretty fun to see how each tower changes views from all around the city forever. This picture above shows how this street has now been changed forever, for the better, and theres many other streets that have been as well that people will see every day. The best part is when something you didn't expect to happen... happens, like just how much Millennium tower absolutely dominates Boylston street now.

That one was a little more obvious but another one I personally think is really cool is how when your on Arsenal st. in Waltham when you cross over the bridge into Brighton North Station tower randomly appears in a split between the trees and becomes extremely visible in the distance where before you didn't even know that part of the city was in that direction. Its the only tower you can see when your that far away in that part of town, so NST being built brought a view of the skyline further out to a neighborhood that you never would have imagined and also to a place that had no skyline view before. Its always cool when this happens. You can guess, but you'll never really know if a tower will create some new incredible view until its built. Its cool how the world aligns like that sometimes and also how although its not planned, cool things like this happen.

Ive always felt like when you can see a city skyline it brings you a little closer and gives you a feeling like your more connected to the city. Its lame when your near the city but the skyline is blocked behind a hill or something. The way you can see great skylines like NYC from so far away from the actual city itself is amazing. When you see that iconic skyline over the trees from wherever you are it really makes you feel connected and its a powerful feeling to see that skyline looming over the trees in the distance especially with the lights.

Anyways haha I dig the pics.

What a blank space between the Financial District and the Back Bay.
When is that going to be filled in with some supertalls?

What a blank space between the Financial District and the Back Bay.
When is that going to be filled in with some supertalls?

Where would you put them? Name a few buildings that are expendable and where the surroundings would provide the appropriate context for a supertall.

I like the gap its interesting and unique. Its not completely unique as NYC has this as well, but I think thats cool too as its another thing that connects us to our big brother city in New York. We have two fully separate skylines that both look really classy in completely different ways which is pretty cool when some cities don't even have one classy skyline. The back bay also has the high spine which puts one of our skylines on a grid and is also used to point out the direction of the city, while our downtown is a regular dense skyline on normal streets.

The Hancock and Pru are aligned in a way to point towards downtown and depending on where they are relative to each other you know where you are relative to the city and to downtown. This is pretty cool as it makes the Pru our "north star". I think thats badass. I know me and soo many other Bostonians just look up at the Pru when they want to get a good idea of where they are and it actually works very well. If the Pru is on your right you're North and downtown is to your left, if the Pru is on your left you're south and downtown is right, if the Pru blocking the Hancock or slightly to the right but the Hancock is behind it you're West and downtown is straight in front of you, if the Hancock is blocking the Pru or the Pru is just off to the left and behind it you're East and downtown is either right in front of you of behind you. Its a pretty cool dynamic.

what i wish i could post.

I like the gap its interesting and unique. Its not completely unique as NYC....

Hmm.

I think that's cool too as its another thing that connects us to our big brother city in New York.

huh?

We have two fully separate skylines that both look really classy in completely different ways which is pretty cool....

con·fab·u·late
kənˈfabyəˌlāt/
verb
1. formal
engage in conversation; talk.
"she could be heard on the telephone confabulating with someone"

2. PSYCHIATRY
fabricate imaginary experiences as compensation for loss of memory.

what i choose to post;

If i ever got drafted i'd want you in my platoon.

cuz i love you man!

There's a new update (with pictures) posted at 1daltonconstruction.com

During the past three months, concrete has been poured for levels 49-61. Curtainwall installation has been completed up to level 41 and continues to wrap the building at a steady pace. The exterior granite facade continues to be installed on the podium facade around the curtainwall. The exterior hoist is now running up to level 55. The drywall/finishes have progressed into the residential floors. MEP rough in has progressed into the residential floors up to level 36. B2 NSTAR room energizarion has been completed as well as the kitchen.

The next 3 months include the following activities:
  • Concrete Structure – Level 65 (top of building!)
  • Hoist access – Up to Level 63
  • Curtainwall – Up to Level 57
  • Core Elevators – Railings installed to Level 60
  • Northwest exterior facade stone complete, NE and S continue installation
  • Complete GAS and DAS utilities into the building
  • 1st and 2nd MEP Floor Rough progressing
  • MEP Rough in – Up to Level 48
  • Drywall/Finishes – Up to Level 36
  • Elevator Lobbies Rough and Finishes to level 32
  • MEP Equipment to level 62 and 63
  • Slosh Damper Tank Complete
  • Building Maintenance Unit (BMU) install in progress
  • Generator at rooftop set
  • Cooling tower at rooftop to be set

Behind the scenes the project team continues to coordinate the work required to continue the rise of One Dalton into the Skyline.

Some reasonably tall towers may be built over the pike eventually which may help link the skyline from some angles. Supertalls are unlikely though.

42846731875_21a2f50bf2_b.jpg

42846731315_0c0130c0e0_b.jpg

42846729915_1ce76f989f_b.jpg

It looks like the core is right up to the top of the Pru, though just eyeballing it, but the glass should extend further so we may be in for 756’. Well see soon.

what i wish i could post.

Hmm.

huh?

con·fab·u·late
kənˈfabyəˌlāt/
verb
1. formal
engage in conversation; talk.
"she could be heard on the telephone confabulating with someone"

2. PSYCHIATRY
fabricate imaginary experiences as compensation for loss of memory.

what i choose to post;

If i ever got drafted i'd want you in my platoon.

cuz i love you man!

Mag 14 2nd Marine AW Vet 11’-15’ so youd be in good hands. Confabulate dat..

Back