General Infrastructure

Funny you mention it... they are apparently redeveloping the DEC/IBM site with housing and retail?
“The site”? There were many sprinkled throughout metro west. I remember playing hide and seek in many of them…

Seeing the Taylor St buildings in Littleton turned into an Amazon warehouse makes me sad.

Littleton? Yea the town just approved a site master plan for that one. The existing buildings are staying, but it's fairly well massive. 804 units, mostly one bed, 241 2 bed and 79 3 bed family units, plus a hotel and retail and a shuttle to Littleton /495. I'll need to be convinced retail will work out here, since the newish The Point mall down the street still has an entire strip of vacant storefronts and several pad sites, but it's been vacant for years.

Yeah.

I looked at condos in North Acton a long time ago and thought the commute even from there was marginal at best, no matter how you shake it. Given the prices at the time it was worth investigating though. Didn't bother with Littleton because I thought it was too far

The rotary being grade separated would have helped at least in the PM when driving. But it also would have made it viable to go to the West Concord CR stop as an option... even though it would be questionable if it would be better versus the South Acton express. Not $100M worth it but better, sure.

Back