Gillette Property Redevelopment | South Boston

Re: Congress Street Garage Development

At some point that plant will need to be upgraded and I don't see Proctor and Gamble investing that kind of money at that location. That property would be worth a fortune if it was fully developed.

At my previous company, we did TONS of work rehabbing and upgrading at Gillette. So much work that it basically made one of our principals a managing partner on really a single client. There has been mucho investment. There had to be after they decided not to move it all to Ohio, which I thought was the original plan 10-15 years ago, whenever that was.

(edit) only 8 years ago... wow. Thought it was longer...... that's what she said.... yay Friday!

At my previous company, we did TONS of work rehabbing and upgrading at Gillette. So much work that it basically made one of our principals a managing partner on really a single client. There has been mucho investment. There had to be after they decided not to move it all to Ohio, which I thought was the original plan 10-15 years ago, whenever that was.

(edit) only 8 years ago... wow. Thought it was longer...... that's what she said.... yay Friday!

At some point the land will be too valuable to be manufacturing but I guess that after the recent investment that will be a long time off.

As was stated earlier, much more R&D and lab space than many might know about.

Their plant touches on the southeast corner of the channel. There's a huge area of parking lots between the plant and Necco St to be developed that are right on the meaty part of the channel.

jp-SEATTLE-1-articleLarge.jpg

Amazon's new complex ^^^
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/26/u...downtown-is-reshaped.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Not fair. This is exactly the development I want to see in the Seaport. Not in place of anything proposed, but in addition to what is going up. I always thought that a spherical building in the Seaport would have been a great compliment to what exists, especially given the height cap. It could still happen, and I would love to see something like this there.

Have been waiting for this to happen.

I’m confused about the piece of land though...isn’t this where Coppersmith is? I’d figure that the real valuable land is the stuff near Fort Point channel.

It's Coppersmith, two warehouse buildings attached to it, and triangle parking lot behind it. Million dollar condos recently completed directly across the st.

Sad that Coppersmith is likely to go.. meh food at best, but a really cool environment that's great for kids (before 7pm). They put a ton of money into that building, too. But hey, they cashed out!

Did Coppersmith own their building? If not, I assume they have a long term lease. I don't think they are going anywhere unless the developer offers them some serious cash.

Is this good news? When PG sells land can we expect more than if they kept it and built on it themselves?

Back