Google Maps Transit Layer

HenryAlan

Reaction score
For years, I've been frustrated by seeing regional rail lines in places like Philadelphia and Los Angeles show up on the transit layer, but nothing for Boston. Imagine my excitement to see purple lines on the map this morning! :D

CR Lines.PNG

But something's missing. Actually, a lot is missing! :confused:
  • Old Colony Lines: missing
  • Fairmont: complete
  • Providence/Stoughton: missing between Readville and Mansfield; no Stoughton branch; Providence truncated downtown, no airport or Wickford Junction
  • Franklin/Foxboro: Foxboro shows service to Mansfield
  • Needham: where is it?
  • Worcester: looks good
  • Fitchburg: looks good
  • Lowell: missing
  • Haverhil: missing
  • Newburyport/Rockport: missing
So, lots that needs to be added or fixed. Does anybody know how Google goes about building these maps, or what we can do to suggest changes?

I would love to see bus routes, but since those route can change at a whim, I guess it's probably only going to show fixed (metro/tram) urban rail and commuter rail passanger routes.

Does anybody know how Google goes about building these maps, or what we can do to suggest changes?

If you figure out how to submit feedback, Google also still draws the Orange line to run underneath the Devonshire St. entrance to State St. Station, rather than following Washington to the Court/State intersection and then between the buildings on City Hall Plaza.

1673234091062.png

And there is a similar issue between Tufts Medical Center and Back Bay, where the line follows Washington and takes a sharp right at the Pike instead of heading diagonally West under the DoubleTree:

1673234496300.png

Last edited:

Back